Director of Digital TechnologyEmployment Type -
An International Life Saving Technology Group & FTSE 100 Company is seeking the expertise of a highly ambitious Director of Digital Technology as it accelerates its digital transformation efforts through implementing a new group-wide strategy to increase the adoption of both operational and strategic technologies. Your role will span thought leadership, team management and helping to launch and identify new digital technology initiatives across both the business' HQ and the 50 individual companies within its portfolio.
Having recently been awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Company', the Group is united in its purpose aligned Sustainability Framework and Growth Model, which priorities operations across the Climate Change Crisis, Circular Economy, Green Energy Transition, Health Care and so much more.
Their companies are the heroes, providing innovative solutions to many of the biggest problems facing the world today. From water scarcity to cleaning up our oceans and from preventable blindness to better health across an ageing population. Your contribution will categorically be creating a positive impact on global society through building a safer, healthier & cleaner future for our world.
The business's highly decentralised structure ensures a universal culture of collaboration and empowerment, allowing it to operate as Blue Chip Company with the agility & dynamism of a start-up. Each is autonomously managed by its own board, which make decisions about how to grow in a way that is right for them, balancing short-term profitability with long-term growth. However your sphere of influence will be felt across each of the 50 company's within its Portfolio.*The ideal candidate will come from a Chief/Principal Architect background & have experience delivering internal digital transformation initiatives for large scale enterprises.*Responsibilities:
Essential Director of Digital Technology Experience:
- Manage a team of technology thought leaders and doers.
- Drive technology best-practice principles & solutions across the group, with the goals to aid strategic growth, increase simplification, reduce implementation times, and lower costs.
- Advise on the adoption emerging technologies including but not limited to: IoT / Connected Digital Solutions, Robotics, VR/AR, AI/ML, DARQ, Smart Everything (manufacturing, products, etc.).
- Support operational / business application technology adoption at all levels.
- Help establish technology support centres of excellence, devising operating terms of reference and supporting recruitment.
- Contribute to devising and driving the digital transformation roadmaps and phased approaches for execution.
- Manage stakeholders across multiple purposes, in a complex global environment.
- Work with partner organisations and service integrators to deliver on the key technology initiatives.
- Passion for leading and developing highly productive teams.
- Proven and progressive experience in technology leadership roles, including direct people-management skills, both in line management and technology programme capacities.
- Proven experience in technology solutions development, architecture design, integration & management, especially in an Agile environment.
- Working knowledge across multiple technology competencies (e.g., systems / software architectures, development frameworks, integration technologies, database technologies, cloud platforms, networking, connected / IoT platforms, etc.).
- Strong consulting skills, with experience in technology-driven change management concepts and strategies, including intra-company communication and cultural change.
- Ability to navigate global complex organizations, to socialise and engender new idea adoption.
- Well versed in the rapidly changing technology and security landscape; aware of mega-trends affecting industries; capable of making credible business cases for emerging technologies and delivering innovative solutions.
- Base Salary: £130,000 - £170,000
- Cash Element: up to a maximum of 100% of base salary, subject to the business achieving its YoY profit growth targets - no individual performance modifier meaning level of bonus is based purely on financial results
- Bonus Shares: a further 50% of the cash bonus awarded in the form of company shares. These vest after two years
- LTIP: Annual Share Award of 25% of base salary - these vest after 3 years
- Monthly Cash Car Allowance: £750.00 - a taxable benefit
- Pension: HExec pension scheme (Aegon Master trust) - employer matching scheme with the max ER contribution of 10.5%
- Private Medical: Single Cover - can elect to extend coverage to family members at preferential rates
If you're interested in putting an application forward then please apply below or contact us directly.Director of Digital TechnologyContact: ------------------------Director of Digital Technology