Why join Kingspan Insulation?
We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and we stand behind a common cause - better buildings for a better world.
Kingspan Insulation are a leading manufacturer of high-performance rigid insulation within the construction industry, operating from our site in Selby. With 188 sites worldwide Kingspan is a global leading employer. We are experiencing significant growth right now and this is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Leader to join a global leading business and play a part in our manufacturing operation! We are proud of our genuinely positive and enjoyable working environment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Team Leader
to join our team based in Sherburn-In-Elmet, near Selby, Yorkshire
. This role is offered on a full time, permanent
basis, return for a highly competitive salary.
This position will work a Sunday - Thursday, 22:00 - 06:00 shift pattern.Responsibilities of our Maintenance Team Leader
What are we looking for?
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of planned and preventative maintenance routines assigned to the shift, analysing all breakdowns to ensure appropriate counter measures are implemented either through immediate actions, PM or TPM amendments.
- Leading the team in reacting to unplanned stoppages and quality issues within the plant, process and equipment.
- Ensure that equipment utilisation is maximised whilst driving the team towards achieving departmental KPI's.
- Provide supervision and support to the team as a whole and provide development support to the junior/apprentice members on shift.
- You will work collaboratively with other team leaders and ensure detailed shift handovers are communicated in timely and effective manner.
- Oversee the safe working practice of engineering team members and contractors including the completion of all relevant safety documentation.
- Involvement in root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects.
- Liaising with suppliers and sourcing engineering spares as required.
- Attendance to inter departmental meetings to provide technical input in the absence of the Maintenance Manager.
- Time served qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Sound technical ability and knowledge of plant systems Supervisory experience and ideally hold a supervisory qualification
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Good level of computer literacy (Outlook, MS Office)
- Experience using a CMMS system would be advantageous
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and prioritise both individual and team workloads
- Willingness to train and develop within the business
- Strong organisational skills with a proactive approach
- Professional demeanor
- Keen engineering standards with an attention for detail
You must be safety conscious and ideally have undertaken relevant Health and Safety training. What do we offer?
- Profit related bonus, Pension and Life Assurance included in addition in our comprehensive package.
- Kingspan offers lots of opportunity for training. You will learn and be competent on many pieces of different equipment aiding your team in becoming multi skilled.
- Open plan, modern production, and manufacturing environment near to Leeds, York and Wakefield.
- Fantastic referral scheme in place when you refer a friend.
- On-Site Parking
- Access to discounted products
Do you think you have the attributes we are looking for? If so, please click 'apply
' now to be considered as our Maintenance Team Leader