Lead Commissioner-Cost of Care
Up to £400.00 Daily Outside IR35
I am looking for an experienced Commissioner to start building strong foundations and prepare markets for the wider charging reform and thereby increase market sustainability and is supporting LAs to do this through the 'Market Sustainability and Fair Cost of Care Fund. The position will be based in the Adults Commissioning Team, reporting directly to the Head of Service.
* Produce a provisional market sustainability plan - using the cost of care exercise as a key input.
* Ensure the provisional market sustainability plan complements other strategic documents, such as, but not limited to our Market Position Statements and demonstrate how you/we have worked with local providers to develop the plan.
* The market sustainability plan must outline mitigating actions, including the pace at which the organisation intends to move towards the fair cost of care between 2022 to 2025, in order to ensure improved market sustainability.
* A final market sustainability plan (MSP), which sets out how the local authority will move towards the fair cost of care calculated in their exercise as part of their 2023 to 2024 budget setting process, is to be submitted in February 2023, and it is anticipated that the draft Final MSP will be in draft when the provisional MSP is submitted in October 2022.
To apply for this role, you should have the following experience/skills
* Extensive experience of working with the Adult Social care market/providers.
* A proven track record of successfully undertaking cost of care related exercises, or similar with the Adult Social Care Market.
* Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written and in presentations for a range of audiences and stakeholders
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of the government agenda, legislative framework and guidance concerning Adult Social Care, in particular relating to Market Sustainability and Fair cost of care.
To apply for this position you will need the relevant experience that reflects the responsibilities of this senior position.
If interested, please contact Mark on (phone number removed) or email to discuss