My client are Construction business and work with architects, cost consultants and building contractors working with exterior building materials.
We are looking for IT Support Analyst to join the head office of this group.
Fulltime - 8.30- 5.30 (1 hour lunch)
To provide ICT user support (hardware/software) in a windows environment, either face to face or over the telephone. Manage the installation & maintenance of all hardware/software and networking equipment within the organisation.
Ensure all Incidents, Service Requests and other tasks assigned to the team are resolved or fulfilled in accordance with standard processes, and within agreed Service Levels.
Working with the IT Manager to continuously develop and improve working practices, processes and standards within the department.
Configure and deploy user IT equipment such as laptops, tablets, smartphones etc, in line with IT Managers requests.
Tracking, recording, and maintaining assets through their lifecycle to ensure information on IT equipment assets are kept accurate and up to date in the CMDB.
Assisting the IT Manager with the development of processes surrounding the ongoing administration, development and customisation of the IT Service Management.
Organising and overseeing remote support activities, liaising with external support providers as necessary, to ensure efficient use of support resources.
Logging tickets via appropriate channels and tracking the ticket to conclusion
Adding new users on AD
Complete set up of new computers (joining to domain, encrypting, anti-virus, setting up user etc.).
Setting up email on various devices (e.g., mobile phone, iPad etc.)
Setting up External User laptop, including VPN connection, email, server access and remote desktop connection. Supporting Users when required.
Installing and upgrading new or existing software on client machines, ensuring that this is done efficiently and with minimal disruption.
Assisting the business with departmental moves as and where necessary. This will involve include moving PC's and phones to new location, reconfiguring links and testing (flexibility in attendance and travel to other sites will be required).
Ensuring adherence to the IT Security Policy and monitoring the network for any security risks or breaches and acting accordingly in the event of a risk or a breach.
Using discretion always on sensitive information that is known in the IT department.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
Requirements / experience:
Microsoft certification desired
experience of diagnosis and rectification of faults.
knowledge of and experience with hardware, software and mobile technologies.
Good team and organisational skills and ensure deadlines are met.
The ability to work under pressure.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to produce clear and concise work instructions and support documentation.
Held a full UK driving licence for at least 5 years
* Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to explain technical jargon in layman's terms
* Able to deal with high pressure scenarios
* Proactive and able to operate without direct supervision
* Understanding of and commitment to the highest standards of customer service and care
* High quality verbal and written communication skills
* A team player, with demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
* The ability to provide a high level of attention to detail
* Is a self-starter with a "can do" attitude
* Has integrity and persistence
* Is proactive, forward thinking and innovative
* Is approachable and friendly
* Is results oriented
* Has the ability to effectively help and manage clients and colleagues at all levels
* Ability to work well under pressure