Procurement Manager - Main ContractorPermanent / Full TimeLocation: HampshirePermanent Salary: Basic up to £60,000 to £75,000 Plus PackageCompany Summary:
You will be responsible for the procurement of goods, services and subcontracts required to support the delivery of projects, along with co-ordinating procurement resources engaged in response to project needs. You will be responsible for helping to implement procurement procedures in keeping with the companies procurement policy.
Our client is a leading construction and civil engineering group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. They operate across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities.
Contribute to the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of procurement processes and strategy to ensure company objectives are met on an on-going basis.Candidate Profile:
- Good communication skills when dealing with key stakeholders
- Able to prioritise workload into manageable packages
- Intermediate Excel knowledge with the ability to progress to advanced skills
- Proven knowledge of an MRP procurement system SAP or equivalent
- Construction or manufacturing background preferable but not essential
- Operational procurement management of specific trade packages for a particular project experience would be preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of one recognised contract type preferable but not essential.
- Experience of the use of preferred suppliers and strategic manufacturers applicable to the package they are working on.
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies, including central government departments.
- Rail construction experience essential.
- Skilled in compiling robust tender and commercial documents.
- Knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation.
- Experience (not essential) of procurement in planning stage of UK publicly funded infrastructure projects.
- Awareness of government initiatives and policies and ability to assess relevancy and defend applicability.
- Knowledge of different forms of contract and risk allocation.
- Good appreciation of supply market for technical services.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (or actively working towards);
- Understanding and experience of cultivating strong relationships with existing and potential suppliers.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
A dedicated, hard-working, mature, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with the ability to work both on his or her own initiative and as part of a team
The job holder will require good coaching and mentoring skills to get the best from the team.
They will have excellent all round procurement experience, be commercially astute and knowledgeable about the construction market and impact of wider economic issues.Key words:
Construction, Procurement, Supply Chain, FM Procurement, JVHS2 Real Estate, Property, Buyer, Sub Contract, Civils Engineering, NEC, GCT, Supply Management, Purchasing, Sourcing, Public Sector Construction, Procurement Manger, Rail, HS2, Supply Chain Manager, Main Contractor, M&E. Procuring, Contracts