In addition, the incumbent will oversee a number of local improvement initiatives from concept to delivery across processes, systems and people. This role will be leading and coaching the staff in driving an effective improvement journey.Key Responsibilities & Duties;
- Lead the delivery of the business improvements through the deployment of processes and performance metrics
- Coordinate with the Global Supply Chain organisation to ensure local understanding of the industrial core model and the associated maturity grid.
- Work with the business managers to undertake continual analysis of the business to expose opportunities for change and improvement
- Analyse and monitor financial and customer benefits throughout the life of the projects
- Lead, coordinate and own business projects that improve the way the Supply Chain organisation operates across its 3 key pillars:
- Process: Analyse the flow of materials across various sites, support the future warehousing strategy setup and review the appropriate application of internal controls
- System: Support functional changes ahead of a new MRP system implementation and ensure the increased utilisation of existing or new analytics solutions.
- People: Champion the implementation of a skills assessment across all supply chain work streams and support the business managers in reviewing the organisational fit and training requirements
- Business Process Owner for all supply chain processes and as such oversight of departmental adherence and progress on action plans
- Champion and share the use of best practice methods for improvements across the business and provide evidence of real change implementation
- Able to lead teams in analysing data and determining the key activities that will reduce the defects or increase flow.
- Communicate the progress to both internal and external customers and influence the leadership team to ensure support to drive work streams to closure.
- Accountable for the governance of the improvement projects and activities in specified areas.
Occasional travel requirements, UK and international.Candidate Skills & Requirements
Supply Chain Management working experience in at least two disciplines;
Project Management experience, ideally Prince2 or equivalent qualification;
*Please note the role is office based 4 days a week (potentially negotiable)*