HGV Class 1 Driver
Malary Ltd are a leading Waste Management and Recycling Company, we have immediate vacancies for a HGV class 1 drivers. We are a small family run company specialising in the waste industry.
Class 1 experience is a requirement and ADR would be an advantage. However, ADR training will be given. This role includes a variety of collections and deliveries including liquid and drummed waste. The role is contracted at 40 hours a week on a day shift, but regular overtime will be a requirement. Including some Saturday's. Some nights out will also be expected to meet the demands of the business. A night out allowance is provided. Uniform is provided and onsite parking.
Please contact Steve Lester Transport Manager on Telephone Number (phone number removed).
* Ensuring all driving activity is carried out in a safe, compliant and efficient manner
* Taking accountability to ensure vehicle safety checks and housekeeping have been carried out before any work is undertaken
* Ensuring your PPE is worn at all times
* To manage and control safe deliveries and collections
* To work in liaison with the Transport Manager to ensure the unloading and reloading of vehicles are carried out in a timely manner and waste movements are properly recorded
* To adhere to Drivers Legal Requirements (i.e. breaks, tachographs and working time directive)
* Report any vehicle defects to the Transport Manager.
* To carry out any activities on behalf of the Company, when dealing with customers and other team members in a professional and polite manner and always representing the business positively
* Ensuring all delivery/collection paperwork is completed in a timely manner
* Always considering the safety of the public, customers, colleagues and yourself in any activity you undertake on behalf of the Company
* Ensuring that all loads that are carried are identified and security checked before accepting the task
* To support and help other drivers
* Carrying out any other reasonable requests from the Transport Manager or other Senior Managers to support the business needs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £14.50 - £21.75