Adecco Cramlington are delighted to represent our client in a search for a Conference Executive to join their growing business. The position has been created due to growth within the business which has been established since the late 1980's.
They provide information and analysis globally in the fields of authentication, anti-counterfeiting, currency, secure documents and holography, currently running multiple international conferences. In addition to this they publish six business-to-business newsletters, publish directories, industry studies, carry out consulting projects and provide the Secretariat services to the International Hologram Manufacturers' Association, the International Tax Stamps Association and the International Currency Association.JOB BENEFITS/OPPORTUNITIES
- Covered expense international travel to world-wide locations for conference delivery - mixing business with pleasure.
- You will be given the opportunity to gain varied experience, develop rapidly in the role, progress to more senior responsibilities and travel internationally.
- 4% to the company pension scheme, or the candidates own scheme, and has a company profit share scheme.
- The holiday entitlement is 23 days plus public holidays (England).
As Conference Executive, you will join a small but growing team responsible for around 10 events per year (both physical and, in some cases, virtual), helping to ensure that company revenues and reputation are maximized through effective organization and execution. You will be expected to travel internationally. Your normal place of work will be the company's offices in Hexham, but you will have the opportunity to work some of the time from home.
The role will report day-to-day to the Conference Managers, but ultimately to the Director of Business Development. It will, however involve close communication and coordination with all parts of RI and externally, such as:
- Director of Business Development - for budgeting, sales
- Sales and Marketing - for design and production of publicity materials, planning and implementation of sales campaigns through advertising and mailshots, websites and social media
- Digital Media and Systems Manager - for developing and delivering online events, as well as other systems-related requirements for events
- Finance and administration - for customer relations and invoicing, payment of purchase invoices, purchase orders, credit control
- External agencies - for providers of conference-related services.
The role will involve all aspects of event management. Specific roles and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:Delegates
- Manage delegate registrations, checking information and maintaining communication
- On-going delegate administration to include hotel bookings, visa issues, tour details and general correspondence.
- Support and assist where necessary with credit control.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with speakers for all events.
- Set up speaker manuals, speaker checklists, collating abstracts, biographies and photographs for the website/proceedings.
- For virtual events, liaise with speakers over technical requirements, timings and rehearsals/recordings
- Maintain records of biographies and other speaker details and keep these up to date.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Prepare and distribute the Exhibitor Manual to all registered Exhibitors and ensure completion of all necessary.
- Prepare Sponsor/Exhibitor profiles for the event website and binder.
- Onsite support with all conference logistics.
- On-going administration to include credit control, booth allocation, general correspondence and ground support at events.
- The right candidate will be personable, hardworking, able to meet deadlines and enjoy interacting with customers.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure and at times unsupervised, and excellent oral and written skills are essential, as is the ability to travel overseas.
- The ability to speak languages other than English would be useful, as would a qualification or some experience in event management.
- You should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Training will be provided on various systems (CMS for websites, Workbooks for CRM, Spotler for marketing, Cvent for event management). Experience in social media would be an asset.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? If so, click "apply" or contact Sam Terry on or to learn more!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.