To take lead responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the organisational finance function.Client Details
Is a not-for-profit community interest company set up to manage Park & Museum.DescriptionManagement Accounting and Financial Accounting
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of the Finance Function.
- Oversee the production of the monthly management accounts from Sage.
- Prepare papers for the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and the Finance section for the Trustee's meetings.
- Oversee the VAT return (with non-business and partial exemption issues), Gift Aid submissions and ensure compliance with all relevant tax matters.
- Prepare the statutory accounts including managing the audit process to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including SORPS.
- Ensure all company secretarial and corporate governance duties are carried out and the Trust and its trading subsidiary are compliant.
- Oversee the payroll and provide up to date information to the outsourced payroll provider.
- Oversee and develop the production of essential management information including monthly KPI data.
- Manage the annual budgeting process, in year forecasts and medium-term financial planning.
- Cash flow forecasting, when required
- Budget and monitor projects funded by restricted grants.
- Ensure robust credit control procedures are in place.
Change Management & Operations
- Meet regularly with senior colleagues and support departmental budget holders to review financial information and agree on actions.
- Provide financial information and guidance for strategic decisions including scoping and assessment of major investment propositions.
- Review of contracts for financial implications and reporting.
- Provide information for annual contract renewals.
- Build on the financial systems, and controls already in place including budgeting and forecasting. Including developing integration's of systems to maximise the benefits of the different platforms and packages.
- Ensure the financial controls are in place to support the operational management of all aspects of the organisation.
- Provide financial information for grant applications.
- Complete and supply financial information as requested by grant giving bodies.
- To play a full role in the senior leadership team, contributing to the overall development of organisational capacity, the effective delivery of the full range of services to the community and the formulation and implementation of the organisation's business strategy.
- To uphold the values of the organisation, promote equality, inclusion and transparency, respect and facilitate the voice and views of our community stakeholders and conserve and improve the heritage assets of the Estate for all.
- To attend and fully participate in Trustee /Director Board and subcommittee meetings.
- Provide leadership and line management for the Business Support Officer (1.0).
- Oversee the preparation and posting of month end journals, sales invoices, supplier's invoices and all bank reconciliations by the Business Support Officer.
Successful candidate would be able to do the following:
* To take lead responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the organisational finance function.* To provide strategic advice and analysis on all matters relating to the financial management of the CIC (and eventually, the charitable Trust and trading subsidiary) to the CEO and Board and support and enable the senior management team to make sound business decisions in the running of all areas of the business.* To oversee the provision of secretariat and administrative support for the board of charity trustees, sub committees and trading subsidiary board governance.Job Offer
Competitive compensation package, working in a great team with flexible working solutions