The Regulatory Manager is a key part of second line of defence ("2LOD") Compliance function, and sits within the Risk and Regulatory team. The Regulatory Manager will manage and continually enhance global approach to regulatory compliance and plays a critical role in maintaining our relationships with our regulators in the UK. The Regulatory Manager will report into the Head of Risk and Regulatory.
The Regulatory Manager will be responsible for ensuring its regulatory compliance obligations (including implementation of upcoming regulations), submits regulatory reporting to the regulator (FCA), develops internal regulatory and compliance policies and procedures (those not related to AML), and carries out ongoing horizon scanning of the regulatory landscape as it applies to the business.
Regulatory Manager is responsible for regulatory compliance matters impacting our client. This role involves working across all business units to provide support and advice, working closely with executives and senior leaders on projects including global expansion plans, liaising with regulators, and helping shape future product and technology initiatives to ensure they meet regulatory requirements.
The role involves researching global regulatory regimes, producing timely and accurate recommendations, liasing with external and internal stakeholders and submitting returns, notifications and filings in line with the requirements.
The role is extremely varied - ranging from high-profile licence application projects through to ongoing review and oversight of regulatory policy development and ad hoc advice and research work.
You will be:
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of regulatory reports and returns to the FCA and other applicable - regulators
- Supporting the business to increase its global footprint through global regulatory licencing application and ongoing reporting
- Developing and reviewing internal policies and procedures (not AML related)
- Providing regulatory advice and support to the business
- Managing external advisory relationships
- Carrying out regulatory research relevant to the business and communicating findings in a clear, simple and concise manner
- Performing horizon scanning of the regulatory landscape relevant to the client.
- Supporting the business on understanding the implementation and impact of new regulations, laws, rules and guidance into products and services
- Responding to regulatory risks identified and recommending actions to reduce/limit the risks
- Providing regulatory insights and expertise to the wider Compliance team
- Identifying training needs and provide relevant training to the business when required
- Supporting the Head of Risk and Regulatory with obtaining external legal opinions on regulatory matters and other legal documents where appropriate, as might be required from time to time
Skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulations and rules applicable to the client (key regulations - EMRs, PSRs, FCA's Payments and E Money Approach document, EBA guidelines applicable to payments services providers)
- Ability to provide timely and accurate regulatory advice to the business
- Delivering against regulatory reporting schedules (e.g. FCA reporting via RegData for EMIs and PIs)
- Awareness of key regulatory risks to current business model
- Development of policies and procedures
- Providing valid challenge and making recommendations as and when necessary
- Global regulatory research and licence preparation (e.g. authorisation applications to regulators)
- Candidates with a legal background are welcome (e.g. experience studying or practising law) - this is not a prerequisite but can be helpful for the elements of the role which require understanding, interpreting and implementing regulatory requirements