Pertemps are recruiting for Business Team Leader to work on a 3 year fixed term role with a reputable Higher Education institution in the heart of Edinburgh. The post holder will be responsible for managing operational and financial activity as well as line managing 3 team members. This is a transformational period for the organisation and requires someone with operational experience as well as the ability to lead a team.
Location: Edinburgh, hybrid working
Pay: £15.76 per hour
Assignment: 3 years
Hours: 35hrs per week
- To manage the delivery of both operational and research finance services across the business. This includes, amongst other things, authorising the reimbursement of expenses to individuals and payments to external organisations and other sections of the business; investigating any complex issues and discrepancies referred by the Finance Administrator; checking and authorising transactions and ensuring that outstanding purchase orders and internal transfers are monitored and managed. Work closely with the Finance Business Partner to provide data and information to support quarterly forecasting. Act as a point of contact with budget holders for any budgetary queries. Ensure that local trackers (e.g. Personal Research Accounts) are maintained and representative of spend and commitments
- To play a key role in embedding t new Finance & HR system, People & Money, within the organisation. Act as the local expert for the roll-out of the financial elements of People & Money. Liaise with local users to identify needs, provide School specific training. Ensure regular escalation of issues. Undertake a complete review and evaluation of processes and procedures in light of the introduction of People & Money.
- Lead, develop, mentor and support the Operational Finance Team, ensuring that an efficient and responsive service is provided. Includes recruitment, deployment, line management, staff development, regular 1-2-1's and daily team huddles; instigating and implementing necessary changes to roles; managing the performance of the team. Developing the team to be at the top of their game and ensure they are meeting their career aspirations. Foster a culture of customer service to enhance the reputation of Operations
- Responsible for developing and leading on special projects within the organisation working in collaboration with the Director of Professional Services and others as appropriate. Embedding a culture of continuous improvement across the business.
- Any other duties as requested by Director of Professional Services, Head of Research & PHD Support or Research Support Manager
- Experience in a finance or operations role
- Change management skills having been involved in change projects previously
- A proven ability to lead a team, ideally through periods of change
- Proven experience of giving professional advice to management and other staff members
- Excellent administrative and IT skills including advanced Excel
This role is for immediate start. Please submit your cv today or contact Tony on (phone number removed)