To manage the development of new product inclusive of tool manufacture, conducting feasibility reviews with internal stakeholders and customer to ensure the customer product design aligns with our manufacturing capabilities and support with the commercial activities.
* Participate and influence Design for Manufacture, (DFM) working closely with both customer and internal stakeholders.
* Deliver accurate and timely reporting of new product with regards to their status
* Control BOM and data exchange to ensure rapid response to design evolution/changes.
* Create/influence process layouts
* Schedule and organise cross functional feasibility review meetings and create/maintain relevant documents.
* Obtain sub-contract goods/service costs where applicable.
* Develop full cost estimates including all relevant tooling/sub-contract processes.
* Liaise with customers with regards design, manufacturability, VAVE and cost down.
* Support new product introduction throughout the APQP process.
* Support purchasing where required.
* This job description does not exclude any tasks or responsibilities which could be reasonably implied by the job title