A global leading international defence business are currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Contracts Manager to join on a permanent basis in their Farnborough office.
The Senior Commercial Contracts Manager will be responsible for providing contracts, subcontracts and commercial support. Seeking an experienced induvial in preparation, negotiation and post-award management of significant and complex contracts related to commercial activities in the UK and internationally.
Applicants must be essential to gain UK SC clearance.
Role - Senior Commercial Contracts Manager
Salary - £60,000 - £75,000 (DOE) + benefits
Type - Permanent
Location - Farnborough, Hampshire
Key responsibilities for Senior Commercial Contracts Manager and will not limited to:
- Provide support for general contracts and commercial activities, as required (including support for non-disclosure agreements, Teaming Agreements, and other contracts or commercial documents; support for insurance, intellectual property and legal matters; and support for commercial screening of contracting parties).
- Identify commercial and contractual risks and recommend strategies to minimise or manage those risks, at all stages of the contracting lifecycle (including proposal or request development, contract negotiation and ongoing contract management)
- Draft, review and interpret contracts (including statements of work, specifications, terms & conditions, price schedules, delivery schedules etc) and advise on contractual rights, obligations and risks
Provide contracts and commercial support for pre-contract activities, including:
- Providing contracts and commercial support for proposal development for potential customer contracts
- Providing contracts and commercial support for request development and proposal evaluation for potential subcontracts (including ensuring appropriate flowdown of requirements and obligations from customer contracts to subcontracts, and identifying risks and issues relating to subcontracts that need to be addressed in relation to customer contracts)
- Managing contract negotiation, approval and execution processes, for customer contracts and subcontracts
Provide contracts, subcontracts and commercial support for post-contract activities relating to customer contracts and subcontracts, including:
- Providing commercial support for management of contractual claims/issues/disputes
- Managing contract changes (including drafting, negotiation, approval and execution processes associated with contract changes), for customer contracts and subcontracts
Key skills and experience required for Senior Commercial Contracts Manager job applicant:
- Experience of working in a commercial contract management role, ideally aerospace, defence or high technology manufacturing
- Sound knowledge of contracting mechanisms and terms and conditions
- Proven experience of negotiating and managing complex contracts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build and maintain relationships with customers and partners
- Dynamic and tenacious with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and persuade others.
- Ability to work in teams and also self-sufficient when appropriate
- Ability to promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
- Ability to obtain positive outcomes, with a strong desire to win business and adopt innovative approaches to winning new business.
- Applicants must be eligible to gain UK security clearance (SC level)
To apply for this Senior Contracts Manager / Senior Commercial Manager / Senior Commercial Contracts Manager position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.