My client, a leading Engineering company based in Wokingham are looking for a Manufacturing Support Team Leader to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
This position is responsible for the safety and productivity of all apprentices (currently 8 apprentices) and designated employees staffed on day shift working on manufacturing support functions such as blank mods, pre-op, finished parts and honing. This position is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner.
The successful candidate must have recent CNC setting / operating experience either CNC Milling or CNC Turning.Main Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all employees assigned to designated shift.
- Enforce all safety and processing procedures.
- Enable effective communications between management and operators.
- Train new employees and coach existing employees.
- Main equipment and area of responsibility include CNC (3 axis), edge hone, manual grinders, finished parts and regrind booking in.
- Undertake regular appraisals with staff.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place in accordance with 5S protocol.
- Investigate and report all incidents (spills, accidents, poor performance, OOBs/NCBs)
- Manufacture products as necessary and ensure all paperwork is kept up to date by shift personnel.
- Suggest and implement cost-saving ideas with support from the team.
- Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule
- Progressing of the production schedule and making sure all machines have adequate work.
- Ensure all aspects of machine maintenance for workshop.
- Troubleshooting machinery problems.
- Planning of scheduled machine maintenance with production manager/outside contractor.
- Have recent CNC experience (can be CNC Milling or Turning).
- Time served apprenticeship ideally required, although not essential if you have required work experience.
- Good general education including Maths, English Language and I.T. C passes or above.
- Engineering discipline.
- Organisation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to use inspection equipment and read drawings.
- Computer literate: Able to use Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Good visual acuity, good hearing required.
- Be self-motivated and diligent.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally within CNC or similar.
Hours of work are 08.00 - 16.00 Monday to Friday covering 37.5 hours per week. In addition, my client offers private healthcare (after qualifying period), life insurance and pension 5% matched.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview.