Open Mike Productions is a well-established and acclaimed independent production company that has worked in the industry for over 25 years.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, we are looking for a proactive and capable professional to join our team at Open Mike. The role will involve working closely with our Financial Controller, Accounts team and production team members.
We are looking for a strong candidate, who wants their future to be an integral part of Open Mike. Familiarity of working in production is essential, alongside experience of producing reports and accountancy analysis.
MAIN PURPOSE AND DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Overseeing TV Production Accounts and the preparation of updating the Cost Manager and producing monthly and close down cost reports and reconciliations.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation of month and period ends and the start up and close down of productions.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the quarterly preparation of Royalties Reports and the distribution of all royalties and repeat fees due.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - TV PRODUCTIONS - PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANCY
- Meeting with Line Producers and Production Managers to manage budget and spends
- Capturing all costs and overseeing the inputting onto XERO of purchases and expenses and making sure all the relevant authorisations are in place.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and cost reports
- Overseeing the credit card and petty cash analysis produced by the Accounts Team.
- Overseeing the weekly pay run of authorised purchase invoices run by the Accounts Team.
- Reconciling XERO Cost of Sales, Debtors, Creditors and Bank Reconciliation to the Cost Manager
- Preparing payroll for production staff and crew, including Freelancer's and SPV's.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and implementation of IR35, SPV's and any other Government legislation.
- Keeping abreast of PACT/EQUITY and BECTU Agreements and contracts, in order to main standard industry practices.
- Payroll and all HMRC reporting including Workplace Pension implementation.
- Preparing production cashflows and producing Sales Invoices in order for the cashflow to be maintained.
- Liaising with Legal re contracts and ensuring all payments match contracts
- Liaising with Post Production and ensuring all end of production paperwork is reported and filed.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - MAIN COMPANY ACCOUNTS
- Assisting the Financial Controller with HMRC PAYE and VAT Reporting
- Assisting the Financial Controller with capture and analysis of all royalty costs and Income and preparing quarterly income and distribution statements to all.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with monthly and quarterly Government surveys
- Monthly review of debtors and creditors
- Month end processes including bank reconciliations and costs reports to balance to the profit and loss and balance sheet accounts on XERO.
- Assist with Audit enquiries and reports.
- Solid experience in TV or Media Accounts.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self motivation and initiative as you will need to work to your own schedule as well as team schedules.
- Strong potential for further development and to grow into the position with Open Mike.
- Loyalty and discretion essential as you will be dealing with confidential information
- To be comfortable working to deadlines, even when under pressure
- A confident communicator, willing to build relationships with all Open Mike
- Employees and outside customers and suppliers.
- A can do, all muck in, attitude, willing to go the extra mile when required.
Open Mike has a very close-knit group of employees, many of us have worked here for years, and we are looking for someone who is willing to be part of a close group, get stuck in, be a team player and willing to turn your skills to all aspects of working within a TV production company. Flexibility really is key, as some days you may be working on royalties, other days production accounts and another day, sorting out expenses on set.
Our office is based on Wardour Street in the heart of Soho, after an initial training period in the office, we see this role well suited to hybrid working.