SMART Education are recruiting teachers to support Young People with SEN.
We are looking for passionate, patient, and adaptable teachers to offer both national and alternative curriculum dependant on the YP's needs
The SEN Home Tutor roles involves the tutor working in the home setting, this can be the family home or a residential setting for LAC. While working as a home tutor you would be working 1:1 with students from various backgrounds and different needs.
Students ages can range from age 5 to further education; however, you will be placed with a student in the key stage you feel most confident and experienced in teaching. You will be responsible for developing engaging lesson plans and activities for the students, every student will have specific learning needs therefore it is vital you are confident in your ability to deliver 1:1 lessons while differentiating where needed.
You will be required to:
* Build a strong rapport with both the YP and their families
* De-escalate sometimes challenging situations
* Create a calm and positive learning environment
* Assist with the development and implementation of the Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP)
* Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student
* Facilitate the YP re engaging in education
Placement Type: Long term
Working hours: 5 - 30 hours per week