Are you an experienced Attendance Officer working in Secondary Education. If so I would love to hear from you. We have a temporary opportunity to start from the beginning of June working for one of our Secondary Schools in the St Helens area. Full time hours, 37 hours per week, paying £13.50 per hour.
What will you be doing as a Attendance Officer ?
· Working to strict deadlines where you will need to organise and prioritise your own workload
· To be able to interpret and communicate complex data
· To advise the school on strategies to promote regular attendance for all pupils
· Update school records, analyse attendance information and provide reports for senior managers
· Meet with arrange of students, pupils, staff and parents to establish reasons for non-attendance
· Make referrals
· Liaise with the Education Welfare Officer and provide appropriate paperwork and issue where applicable penalty fine notices
· Work with and understand the child protection / safeguarding procedures
· Work with statutory framework and policies and procedures relating to the school attendance programme
· Work with other colleagues on strategies to improve attendance
· To monitor attendance of off-site pupils including KS3 PRU & KS4 provisions
· Supervise late detentions an mentor 'hard to reach' pupils
· To monitor vulnerable pupils such as LAC, PLAC and children open to childrens' social care
We would LOVE to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
· Worked as an attendance officer
· Experience in working secondary education
· Managed attendance policies and processes
· Any child protection or safeguarding experience
What will you get in return for your work as a Attendance Officer?
· On site working
· 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
· A busy and varied workload
· On-going temporary role
· Competitive rate of pay
· Working within the Education Sector
· Free parking
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.