Sales Ledger and Credit Control AssistantFull time 37 hours pw/52 weeks per yearPermanentSalary; £19,261 per annumLocation: South YorkshireAbout the Role
We are looking for a motivated and pro-active individual to be part of a team of staff assisting in the delivery of a full range of finance department activities.
In the role of Sales Ledger and Credit Control Assistant, your main objective will be to assist in the management and maintenance of the sales ledger and credit control functions on a day to day basis.
Other duties will include;
You will...be able to cope with demanding customers internally and externally and will be able to use your communication skills to gain agreement and achieve customer satisfaction wherever possible.You will work to strict deadlines in line with monthly Finance schedules, and will manage your own workload to ensure you complete all duties accurately and on time.Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and/or environment and having experience of using financial accounting packages, spreadsheets, word processing and email packages is a must. You will possess a level 2 literacy and numeracy qualification or higher and be willing to work towards a level 2 in accountancy if you do not possess this already.Our excellent benefits and rewards package:
- To ensure that all income due to the College (and its subsidiaries) is recognised in a timely fashion and in line with Financial Regulations and Administration Procedures. This includes invoices, direct debits and online payments;
- To post monies received into the finance system and allocate accurately;
- To assist in the management of the College's FE and HE loans;
- To assist with credit control for the Group including liaising with customers with respect to queries and overdue payments with an overall view to reducing outstanding levels of debt;
- To ensure month end close down is completed in line with the College's monthly timetable
- Access to local government pension
- Up to 41 days annual leave per year (22-26) including generous time off over Christmas/New Year
- Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service
- Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
- Hybrid working opportunities for some roles
- Parking available at all of our sites
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications
If you are a Sales Ledger and you feel you meet the criteria, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.