Quality Manager £45,000 to £60,000 pa plus Benefits Location: West MidlandsQuality, Management, Systems, Assurance, Process, QMS, QCD, Auditing, Certification, Standardisation
Our client a forward thinking manufacturer of niche vehicles who are experiencing significant growth are seeking a Quality Manager who can drive quality systems, procedures and standards across all areas of the business operations. They are looking for an experienced and proactive Quality Manager who has a hands on approach to implementing processes, procedures and systems to improve quality standards and performance.
The role of Quality Manager will be to set up a department that can influence all areas of the business operations to drive change and awareness of quality, which will have a positive impact on current and future production. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Group adherence and ongoing certification to international Quality and Environmental Standards including, but not limited to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
- The coordination and implementation of robust actions to resolve identified concerns, management of all quality activities within the business unit while maintaining and developing current business systems and seeking improvements where necessary.
- Lead all customer and supplier audits to ensure non-conformances and quality issues are identified and corrective action implemented to address concerns.
- Development of quality strategy, objectives and targets to meet customer expectations.
- Promotion of quality achievements and performance through the organisation.
- Development, planning and achievement of agreed business KPI's related to all quality functions across the organisation.
- Monitoring of supplier, external (warranty) and internal customer performance.
- Providing quality leadership and guidance to the business with reference to all aspects of quality systems, processes and procedures.
- The development and management of a quality department to ensure business objectives are achieved on time and to the desired standards.
- Managing and leading lean initiatives within the business to support the development of robust processes targeted to reducing waste and improving performance.
- Ensuring all company quality processes are harmonised and standardised across the business.
As Quality Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or relevant experience
- Track record in managing a quality department, ensuring quality systems, processes and procedures are fit for purpose
- In depth knowledge of QMS systems (ISO9001) having performed internal and external audits
- The desire, drive and character to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) are essential personal requirements, this requires excellent leadership and motivational skills to succeed
- Ability to make and influence change and a promoter of delivering results
- Extensive knowledge and experience of quality tools and techniques in a continuous improvement environment (APQP, PPAP, 8D, ISO9001, DFMEA, PFMEA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication is essential with a high level of IT and QMS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills being able to build relations and influence others to deliver objectives
- Strong data management & analysis skills, able to turn complex data into meaningful information.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in leading the implementation of quality processes, systems and procedures within a manufacturing arena being able to facing off to clients, allied with delivering QMS, QCD and CI, especially at an SME level were adaptability and versatility is essential and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Managers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on or email
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.