Robert Walters is working with an exciting new opportunity for an Interim Management Accountant to join our client based in Birmingham on a 3 month contract, offering hybrid working with 2 days at working from home.
The client is growing year on year and is giving someone the chance to take control of the finance functions of the company. You will ensure the company's accounting system is up to date and provide confidential administrative support to the Board of Directors.
Key responsibilities of the Interim Management Accountant:
* General bookkeeping duties using SAP B1 software, including producing monthly VAT returns and management reports, then analysing these reports to identify areas of concern and where efficiencies can be made
* Preparing cashflow reports, budgets and forecasts and comparing them to actuals and historical results
* Working with the external accountants to prepare statutory accounts
* Managing and reporting on spending against the overhead budgets to ensure the company meets its financial targets
* Managing the company's cash flow and advising the Managing Director and maximising on efficiencies wherever possible
* Dealing with all accounts/bookkeeping enquiries in accordance with company systems, policies and timeframes
* Providing timely and accurate management information to the management team as and when required to aid good decision making and enable control and management of the business
* Gathering and analysing trends within the companies' finances
* Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure while advising on finance related decisions
The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills, including great oral and written communication. To be able to work alone or part of a team, being self-sufficient and self-motivated with an attention to detail.
Experience required of the Interim Management Accountant:
* Min 2 years experience working in Management Accountancy in SME business
* Able to demonstrate how they have helped the business progress and develop in their previous role
* Ability to manage all aspects of the payroll
* Advanced Excel and Computer ERP/Accounts software experience (pref. SAP Business One)
* Proficiency in MS office, especially Word and Excel
If you are interested in this role then please forward your CV and availability to (url removed)
At Robert Walters Group, we endeavour to contact all candidates to register their details. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not reached out to you within 72 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion