Commercial Finance Analyst | Luxury Retail brand | £250-£300 per day | London (2 days per week in office) | 6-12 month contract
A Commercial Finance Analyst is required to work for a Luxury Consumer brand on a 6-12 month contract, the business is based in Central London, working in the offices 2 days per week. This is an opportunity to work for a heritage brand with a global presence and in an organisation that truly invests in its employees and has a key focus on sustainability across the brand.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Director, you will work in a team of 3 in commercial finance and will be supporting with the weekly and monthly sales reporting, budgeting & forecasting, and business partnering with key stakeholders across the business. As you develop in the role you will be expected to proactively drive new initiatives within the business to help increase profitability and efficiencies.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of the monthly board packs along with commentary to be presented to senior management
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reporting including gross margin analysis
- Implementing new commercial reporting using Power BI
- Supporting with business partnering with key stakeholders across the business, including challenging them on costs and supporting them with increasing revenues
- Supporting with the preparation of head office budgets as well as reviewing budgets vs forecasts on a monthly basis with the key stakeholders
- Continuously looking at ways to drive improvements in processes and implementing these accordingly
The successful candidate will have proven experience working in a commercial finance role where you have taken ownership of producing commercial reports for stakeholders in a presentable format. You will have a good knowledge of core commercial finance including P&L, gross margin, and sales reporting. Strong Excel skills are essential, Power BI and SAP knowledge are preferred. Experience working for a larger, global business is preferred, as is, experience working in the retail experience industry. To be considered you must be proactive in nature with the ability to build relationships quickly with stakeholders of all levels.
To be considered you must be on short notice and willing to commit to a 6-12 month contract. In return for your hard work, you may be offered the opportunity to go permanent within this global and extremely successful consumer brand. Benefits also include free gym onsite, free lunch, and free breakfast.