Interim Category Manager - Remote Working £400 per Day Our public sector client is recruiting an Interim Category Manager on a contract basis. This contract can be carried out on a 100 per cent remote basis, and the rate for the role is up to £400 per day.Duties Include:
- Managing a category by devising long term strategic strategies that incorporate the whole organisation
- Leading on specific sourcing programmes for defined projects, taking the lead on the allocated sourcing category and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets
- Assisting in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across a large project range across services, by analysing current spend information and undertaking complex market analysis
- Engaging with Stakeholders in the end to end process for product selection and supply of services, including demand challenge, transition and implementation planning and development of strategy, tender evaluation, award criteria, and ongoing contract management
- Use of procurement and financial management systems:- Responsible for managing tenders through the online tendering system and contract management.
- Proven experience of procurement/category management within a public sector organisation
- Public sector procurement experience and knowledge of EU Procurement and Contract Management is essential for this role .
- Local Government experience is particularly desirable
. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.