Role: Proactive Media and Science Communications Lead Contract length:
Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2023Location
: Canary Wharf (Hybrid - office up to 4 times a month)
Advantage resourcing are recruiting for a Proactive Media and Science Communications Lead to join a respected local authority, looking to make a difference to enhance and improve the health of millions of people every day. Role Purpose
- Develop and deliver effective media and social media strategies, including for COVID-19, enhancing the Agency's reputation and promoting and explaining its scientific expertise and wider contribution the agency makes to public health and science nationally and globally.
Key responsibilities and results areas
- Initiate, produce and deliver proactive and creative content (such as COVID-19) with the media and social media and develop and nurture these contacts and identify proactive and scientific news and content from across the Agency, ensuring it is produced into a relevant format and style for the media and social media and their channels and audiences.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate proactive and creative media / social media strategies and scientific comms, including for COVID-19, that supports the business priorities and culture change set out in the Agency's delivery plan and act as communications account project manager for various Agency Groups.
- Ideal - Experience in journalism or media management/press officer (Working in a health-care setting is a bonus)
- Provide proactive media, social media and scientific communications advice to senior leaders, including the executive committee and chief executive.
- Place stories in a strategic way to achieve coverage and exposure, aligned to Agency business priorities. Produce appropriate communications such as media handling and social media strategies, press notices and media lines to take, to effectively communicate our messages in consultation with Agency staff. Capable of using communications skills to develop interesting, accessible content and implement this across a range of channels.
- Speak regularly to key journalists and social media influencers and build knowledge on their areas of expertise and interest and maintain ongoing professional relationships
- Act as an Agency spokesperson, providing authoritative, clear, honest and credible communications to the media and social media on Agency issues, and participate in a 24-hour media on-call rota.
- A recognised communications qualification is desirable.