Salary: £50-£70k + Excellent Benefits (Health, Life, Pension, Bonus etc.)Location:
You can be based anywhere in the UK with occasional trips to the various offices.The Role:
This is a brand new role at an exciting national law firm. The organisation is growing faster than any other firm in the sector and the opportunities that come with that are unparalleled.Job Introduction:
- The firm is looking to expand its market-leading approach to legal project management.
- This is a new role and the successful candidate will work alongside other project managers, legal project managers and LPM-trained lawyers delivering projects for clients. The opportunity is born out of continued success in attracting high-quality work from a range of blue-chip clients across the firm's key sectors.
- You will work on a variety of client-facing projects across the firm using project management methodologies to assist the fee earners and drive efficiencies through the scoping and management of each project. You will help with embedding LPM practices so they are at the heart of everything.
- The role will suit someone from a similar Law Firm or Professional Services organisation with experience of Project Management in this context.
Once you are in the role you will deliver the following:
- Work directly with fee earners on the development of matter plans, pricing, budgets, timelines and documentation of clearly-defined scopes and assumptions on client matters, transactions, cases, outsourcing and projects.
- Working with legal fee earners, to manage matters, projects and outsourcing projects to help deliver the work on time, on budget and within scope, managing scope and cost creep and engaging with key stakeholders (to include clients, partners and other colleagues) to deliver each project as required.
- Assisting partners and other colleagues in bids for where legal project management and the Applied Projects and Outsourcing product is core to successful legal service delivery.
- Apply a consistent approach to LPM with whoever is managing legal matters
- Work with the Head of LPM and the growing LPM team to help upskill people throughout the firm so that the organisation has the depth of LPM resource
- Be engaged on client work to include interacting with clients to manage projects and to include working directly with clients to develop and deliver improved services, processes and projects both alongside the client service team and directly with our clients.
- A creative approach to problem-solving with an ability to manage critical issues quickly and effectively
- Strong analytical and project management skills - including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client's business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements.
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage with stakeholders throughout the business at all levels and across fee earning teams and business services
- End-to-end experience of a variety of different legal projects including litigation, corporate transactions, real estate transactions, contract management and remediation as well as involvement in software and service procurement and implementation, software development, business process review and reorganisation and transformation projects.
- The ability to deliver and embed Legal and other tech into a firm with a particular focus on change management
- A clear understanding of the latest developments in Legal Tech to include (but not limited to) eDiscovery, Contract Review and Contract Management and automation.
- Keen team player with the ability to self-start and engage with a varied cross-section of fee earners across the business.
- Experience of working in the legal sector, or professional services environment within a programme team is a necessity.
- A client-focused approach to the delivery of projects and project planning
This role will suit an ambitious candidate who wants to join a rapidly growing organisation where opportunities are plenty. It will work well for candidates at other law firms in the West Country or London Leavers looking for a role in the West that will still advance their career.