Are you available to work on a 6 month FTC - hybrid 2 days in the office, 3 from home - to cover a payroll audit? Do you have international payroll experience?
Key ActivitiesPayroll Cycles
- To Audit all country payrolls and provide a written payroll process for each one, highlight any areas that are missing and to make recommendations to fix the missing areas.
- To assist in the payrolls for newly acquired Companies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- To support the Payroll Team with appointed auditors and implement process improvements where suggested.
Starters, Leavers and Changes
- Reviewing the process created for each payroll cycle, providing a written payroll process for each one.
- Checking Gross to Net Reports defining the explanation of each payroll element created.
- Ensuring methodology of payments to employees, authorities and benefit providers has been described clearly.
- To run Year To Date audits on each payroll to ensure all records are accurate and we are compliant to local regulations.
- Auditing the process for all changes, new starters, and amendments to be processed in payroll. This would range from statutory changes to employee reported changes of personal details.
- Auditing the process for Leavers. Highlighting the termination documents needed to be provided to employees and Record keeping purposes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Listing the benefits per payroll and methodology of payments to the providers.
- Helping the Global Payroll Manager and the Finance Team on the reconciliation of Benefits Providers Invoices.
- Reviewing the process on benefits implemented in payroll, retirement contributions, pension auto enrolment and Health Insurance payroll data in relevant countries.
- Yearly Reporting:
- To Audit the process for Year Ends gathering the data for all global reporting both internally and externally.
- To Audit the process for Director's Emoluments
- Process Improvement:
- Review and suggest ways to improve processes both internally and with external providers.
- Audit the methodology used to process payroll account transactions.
- General Administration:
- Review the administration and documentation required for the payroll function. This includes starters, leavers and changes whilst in employment.
- Audit the implementation of the Salary Review, this includes the quarterly salary review in some countries due to high fluctuations in inflation rates.
- Audit and assist on any Bonus payments.
- Review the benefit payroll administration and general payroll benefits reporting - Maintain accurate records and prepare reports vs invoices.
- Presentation of Data - Review the data in a way that clearly articulates any findings, assumptions and suggestions that can be used effectively and practically by the owner.
- Audit the implementation of human resource policies.
- Audit the employee files and payroll records as per the Record keeping legislation for each country.
- To always maintain professional conduct.
- To undertake such other Audit/Processes duties within the HR department as and when required.
- Reviewing the process to ensure good communication with the providers to guarantee the best results on pay run processes.
- Review the process to check the payroll providers' invoices for approval.
- Find the most economic and highest quality of services between providers.
Technical skills required
- To Assist in the payrolls for newly acquired Companies.
- To Assist dealing with lawyers and tax advisers to guarantee successful payroll implementations.
- To Assist gathering the Payroll Data needed for each payroll implementation.
- To Assist on the project helping on the process to create an accurate Project Plan within the Global Payroll Manager.
- To Assist working with the Payroll Team and Finance to guarantee banks are implemented accordingly.
- To validate the data after implementation.
- Advanced Excel:
- Payroll Software:
- Advanced Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Software (HRIS)
- Experience of handling sensitive data
- A proven track record of working with international payrolls via an outsourced provider.
- Experience of auditing payroll files and processes, working with a broad range of contractual arrangements, collective business agreements and benefit plans.
- Experience of working with benefits that have deductions that must be reported on a monthly basis to the provider.
- Ability to work individually in a standalone capacity with little supervision but flag up issues promptly.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- A team player that is service orientated towards providing an excellent service and assist helping when needed to resolve pay issues promptly.