Exam Invigilators required - South West and West London - Wandsworth, Lambeth, Merton, Croydon, Hammersmith, Ealing
* Flexible working hours
* Competitive pay rates
* 'Good' and 'Outstanding' Ofsted rated schools
We are looking for flexible support staff members to support with exam supervision in schools across South West and West London during exam periods.
Those who are willing to help with general Teaching Assistants, SEN Teaching Assistants, and Cover Supervisors work will have more consistent work opportunities across the academic year.
Schools Aquinas work with:
* are based in Wandsworth, Merton, Southwark, Lambeth, Croydon, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham
* are 'Good' or 'Outstanding' Ofsted rated schools
* have high expectations of staff and students
* have a very supportive & friendly environment
* have a clear behaviour management policy
Position & Department
* The position is for an exam invigilator within a secondary school
* You will oversee students sitting their exams, handing out exam papers, supervising the students, managing time allocations and collecting exam papers.
* Flexible working hours/shifts are available as this work is mostly offered during exam times
* You will be working a minimum of 3 hours per day in shifts of morning, mid morning and afternoon.
The right candidate will be:
* An adaptable and proactive person. Someone who does not need to be told what to do but can use their initiative to provide a great service to the exam coordinator.
* Punctual. Exams run at set times so the ability to get to work on time is a must.
* An effective communicator who is confident in outlining expectations to students.
* Experience working with children. This is desirable but not a necessity if you have the above characteristics.
* You will also be given a course so that you are familiar with the JCQ publication instructions for conducting exams.
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
* Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
* Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
* Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
* Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply via this advert and send your most up-to-date CV and contact details through to Jayde at Aquinas Education