Commercial Litigation Solicitor - Project Manager
Our client is now seeking to add further strength and depth to their first class Litigation offering The Dispute Resolution team is looking to recruit a litigation project manager.
The individual will work in a hybrid role acting on both ongoing "chargeable" pieces of litigation as well as internal projects which the team wants to implement to enhance its client service offering.
- Planning resource and workstreams on large pieces of litigation to ensure that they are managed in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Scoping and running large electronic disclosure exercises for ongoing matters;
- Managing costs on large pieces of litigation and monitoring against estimates and budgets
- Scoping and implementing projects identified as part of business planning;
- Working closely with the litigation PSL to deliver a comprehensive training programme and suite of precedents for the use of lawyers;
- Reporting on progress of department projects to HoD
- Creating processes that are matter specific to aid billing and profit realisation/recognition
- Manage cross team communication and management of timelines of ongoing matters to ensure staff availability
- Ensuring alignment between knowledge management and aims identified in business planning;
- Contributing to project management of firm wide and departmental initiatives
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with project management and/or litigious experience looking for a change from pure fee earning work. They will ideally have a Legal Project Management qualification but in any event will need to be strongly self-motivated with a pro-active and logical approach to planning.
You will identify and implement projects that will work closely with a number of teams within the firm including all members of the Commercial litigation team, the PSLs and knowledge managers , the IT team and the business development team. We are looking for someone hands on and able to bring a fresh and innovative perspective to the ways the department is currently doing things with a view to changing established practices if appropriate.
Origin Legal is handling several Litigation Solicitor vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follows strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.