Our Client is a market leader in express delivery services in the UK. They boast a modern fleet offering express/economy service for packets and parcels.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an AUDIT and COMPLIANCE OFFICER based out of our clients busy BOLTON facility.
This is a permanent contract for an Audit & Compliance Officer, this is a field-based role.
As Audit & Compliance Officer you will have shared responsibility for developing, implementing, communicating, and maintaining energy, environmental and health & safety ISO certifications and our clients Group management systems as well as supporting ESG and CSR programmes.
The role holder will be part of the SHE, Audit & Compliance Team, and will support the internal and external audit function for ISO 50001, 14001 and 45001 Management Systems Standards, providing an independent assessment of the adequacy of the internal systems and controls, evaluating risk and ensuring compliance with all applicable law and regulation.
The Audit and Compliance Officer will design, coordinate and provide technical and administrative direction on all SHE decisions alongside key business stakeholders, which bear critical importance to overall company objectives and operations, including energy and carbon reduction goals.
You should be able to communicate on all levels in an open and effective way in each area of the business and should be able to drive people by setting the standard and promoting continual improvement.
* Validate and improve the data and information provided in the Group's Annual Report: ESG / CSR section, in line with regulatory reporting requirements
* Respond to bids, tenders and due diligence questions, as well as ad hoc customer enquiries & audits relevant to Energy, Environmental, ESG and CSR, as and when required
* Create and maintain documented information & records at various levels, and ensure they are held to support business, legal, statutory and regulatory requirements
* Support the client delivery team with annual sustainability disclosures (CDP, ESOS, Hellios (RSQS / FSQS), EcoVadis, etc.)
* Work with the Marketing and Communications Department to create internal & external stories and maintain regular checks and updates on MARVIN and the clientsl Website in relation to ESG / CSR and Energy & the Environment
* Work with the Procurement, Property and Fleet Department to develop Supplier Engagement Commitment Plans, sustainable procurement policies & objectives, property (including utilities) improvement plans and fleet (including commercial & grey) alternative fuel benefits. Ensure that all reports, data, information and communications are up to date with the latest success stories and that data conversions & calculations take into account any changes in fuel type
* Carry out regular checks to ensure that all sites are adhering to company policy and procedure, make recommendations for improvement and support the business to address and prevent re-occurrence of non-conformance, including legal, statutory and regulatory breaches
* Establish training needs and develop a cost neutral plan to support and deliver requirements
* Support, promote, manage and improve clients Management Systems, with particular focus to ISO 50001 / 14001 / 45001 Energy, Environmental and H&S standards, and maintain ISO certification
* Conduct ISO internal audits (planned and ad-hoc), make recommendations for improvement and support the business to address and prevent re-occurrence of non-conformities
* Review existing SHE policies and associated forms and documentation to ensure that they are current and appropriate
We welcome applications for this Audit and Compliance Officer role, from candidates with any of the following skills or attributes: Audit & Compliance Officer, audit, compliance, SHE, Security, CSR, ISO 50001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, Systems, Staff Development, Data, Stakeholder Management, Communication, NEBOSH, IOSHH, Environment, Energy, BSc 2:1, MSc, Audit