Housekeeping Team Leader - London EastHelp us make our properties Home
Would you be comfortable helping our students keep their new space clean and tidy, whilst being a caring and familiar face to support them get to grips with the basics of living away from home for the first time? If you can lead and motivate others to do the same, we have room for you in a company that will recognise, reward, and grow your potential.We are Unite Students
, a progressive FTSE250 company, and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. We are looking for Housekeeping Team Leaders
with an excellent eye for detail, who take great pride in their work, and who can lead a team to provide an outstanding service, and safe and welcoming home for our students.
You will deliver exceptional service and lead a team of Housekeepers across several of our properties, to ensure our buildings are kept clean and well-presented so that our students can flourish and thrive in a safe and welcoming environment. This is hands-on role where you`ll have plenty of opportunity to get stuck in and share your knowledge with the students who call uS Home.
You will be:
- organising the day-to-day activities of the team, including delegating tasks, monitoring standards, and setting targets
- maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for everyone, including liaising with maintenance teams to resolve issues
- providing hands on support to the team to aid their learning and development, and help them to reach their potential
- leading by example - never walking past a mess without doing something about it!
You will also ensure that you and your team:
- get to know our students and help them settle into their new environment
- actively listen to our students, directing them to available support whenever it is needed
- take ownership of issues, including taking immediate and appropriate action in the case of an incident or emergency
- adhere to our policies, procedures and specified ways of working at all times, including completion of basic monitoring and compliance
What we`re looking for:
- You are detail oriented, nothing escapes your eye
- You are hardworking and willing to get stuck in alongside your team
- You are able to delegate tasks fairly, bearing in mind your team`s strengths and weaknesses
- You are a confident housekeeper and able to lead a small team when required
- You communicate effectively, by actively listening, making points logically, and by using appropriate language, tone, and gesture.
- You remain calm and focussed, even in difficult or pressurised situations
- You have the ability to find a solution to a new situation or challenge
- You are confident working both alone on your own or as part of a team
- You understand and respect the diversity of others` cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds.
We will provide you with:
Room for Everyone
- A market competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent training and development aligned to your career aspirations
- An opportunity to grow your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality
, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success
, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result. If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!