Finance AssistantLeicesterPart Time, Permanent £12p.h.
- Are you looking to join a fun, successful team where you can inject your financial skills?
- Do you enjoy building relationships and are keen to be part of a well-known, respected brand?
- Do you want to work for an employer who will appreciate you and your contribution within a role where you can truly make a difference?
ER Recruitment is excited to be working alongside a continuously growing organisation who are considered leaders locally. The team are fun, sociable and passionate about the business and the Leicester community. They are now recruiting for a methodical and conscientious individual to join them as a Finance Assistant on a part time basis (20-25 hours per week).Role & Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant:
About You as the Finance Assistant:
- Raising of sales invoices following details issued from project engineers & director and issuing to customer via email.
- Running monthly payment runs for supplier invoices received, ensuring all information is accurately recorded onto Sage and preparing relevant remittance advices.
- Issuing of customer statements.
- Weekly debt collection and chasing of overdue invoices and in line with internal payment terms and conditions.
- Checking of supplier statements.
- Office filing and general administration.
- Answering telephone and transferring calls as required.
- Setting up new customer and supplier accounts and ensuring credit checking is completed.
- Petty cash issuing and reconciliation.
- Posting of bank transactions and ensuring cashbook is kept up to date at all times.
- Bank Reconciliation.
- Process a weekly payroll for 3 companies using Sage, issuing payment via online banking & payslips to employees.
- Checking of timesheets completed by employees & authorised by Foreman. Using clocking in/out machine to verify hours worked.
- To process monthly payroll following receipt of hours worked and issuing of payslips to all staff.
- Liaising with colleagues regarding any queries of working hours or payments required in advance of the pay run.
- Allocating employees hours worked to projects on Sage.
- Ensuring HMRC PAYE & NI & Pension payments are made in a timely manner.
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for ER Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.While we aim to get back to all applicants, due to the current situation, if you do not receive a response within seven working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office, particularly Excel, and Sage experience are essential.
- Good telephone manner.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrates a good level of intelligence and experience of working within a finance/administrative environment.
- Confident, enthusiastic and a positive approach to work.
- A genuine team worker.
- Must be reliable and honest.
- Be able to work independently using own initiative.
- Positive attitude to decision making and considering what is best for the Company at all times.
We look forward to helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career, please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you.