Job Title: Quality Engineer Pay rate: £300 - £350 per day (Inside IR35) Location: Manchester or LeedsDuration: 12 months +
Summary of the Quality Engineer:
My client is currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team on a major rail project based in either Manchester or Leeds, on a long term contract basis.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer:
- Assist the Project Quality Manager with leading the Team of Quality Engineers
- Responsible for the control and production of the Lifetime Quality Records
- Support Project Engineer on any design non-compliance, ensuring proposals for rectification is brought forward for project delivery in line with the specific deliverables
- Surveillance of point of work quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the applicable codes, standards, and approved drawings and specifications
- Provide Technical/Quality input when required into services, products, and suppliers
- Ensuring the Hold Points specified in the ITP's are strictly adhered to on site
- Pre-empting quality issues and potential non-conformances. Raising quality issues and early identification and resolution of non-conformances
- Effective communication of quality and technical issues between project management and other functions / support services within the project team to promote a zero defect ethos
- Implementation of the Company's Quality Management Systems, Processes and Policies throughout the Project
- Support the Quality Engineers in the population of all quality control documentation and provide assurance with the population and verification of data for the Lifetime Quality Records in accordance with the requirements of the contract specification and ITP
- Liaise with the Principal Contractors Quality representatives
- Support the Quality Manager and Site Managers in highlighting project deficiencies and proposing solutions
- Monitor compliance and provide guidance for ITPs and quality controls
- Assist and participate in the delivery of instruction and information on the implementation of the project and Company Quality processes
Requirements for the Quality Engineer:
- Previous experience carrying out Quality Control.
- 5+ year minimum previous experience working in an Engineering/Quality control function - preferred Major Civil Engineering and Rail experience
- Appropriate Civil Engineering related qualification or equivalent experience
- Proficient understanding of QMS, able to recognise the importance of a risk based approach, understanding of hold points and promote quality planning
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite - including use of Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint and Teams.
If you feel as though you are the right fit for this Quality Engineer position, then please apply with an up to date copy of your CV and we will be in touch to discuss further.
We look forward to hearing from you!
"VGC Personnel are acting as an employment business to this vacancy".