Lifecycle Reliability Engineering Manager
12 month rolling contract
To £500 per day (Umbrella rate)
Farnborough based (blended working)
This role is working for a shared services team (IT, Sales, Financial Services) across the EMEA markets, a team of 12 across Europe. As well as external internal partner interface, you will also face off to a broad range of external parties that include; Central 3 rd party platform support (Oracle, Web, Linux) and Consultants supporting Lifecycle Reliability Engineering (LRE) from implementation to end-to-end monitoring.
Key responsibilities in this role will include;
- Working with the Domain Owners and Product Owners for the operability of applications supporting business critical processes within the EMEA markets.
- Assuring the operational quality of the IT Products assigned to the EMEA markets.
- Overall release and change management of business critical process applications.
- Overseeing the escalation management process including processing of major incidents for the EMEA markets.
- The planning and use of the operation budget, steering the implementation of measures and implementation of security measures identified for the business critical process applications.
- Significant collaboration with the local markets as well as with the central teams and the wider LRE/IRE network, developing and shaping the role to best fit with the requirements of the markets.
For identified critical applications, the role will have responsibility for driving the implementation of operational stability measures. These may include;
- End-to-end process monitoring.
- Inclusion of LRE in major incident handling process.
- Change and release planning and approval process.
- Migration to resilient architecture/cloud.
Whilst experience in the Automotive and Financial Services area and a knowledge of Agile ways of working is highly desirable, other desired traits will include;
- A good understanding of business processes and enjoyment of technical implementation.
- The ability to communicate across teams, hierarchies, and geographical boundaries.
- Possession of analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Negotiating skills and assertiveness.
- Some knowledge/experience of the following platforms would be beneficial but not mandatory: Payara/Glassfish / Weblogic server (WLS) / Windows server / Oracle database / PostgreSQL database / SUSE Linux Enterprise Service (SLES) / Knowledge of ITIL PIC processes.
- A Degree qualification or comparable qualification with experience.
This Lifecycle Reliability Engineering Manager role will be working on a 37.5 hours a week basis and offers the opportunity for blended working, occasional travel may be required. If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet on or email
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.