We're Future. We're 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven't just survived over the past couple of years, we've thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don't plan on stopping any time soon.
We've got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we're looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
As Group Legal Director you will be responsible for the delivery of legal support services across Future globally; managing and, where possible, mitigating legal risks, compliance with applicable laws and supporting M&A activity. You will support our Compliance Team with various matters, in particular relating to data protection and privacy law, and insurance issues. You'll draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts and third party terms and conditions (including licensing and syndication, digital publishing, print and digital distribution, IT/software, customer publishing, ad sales and representation, programmatic advertising, NDAs, promotion and sponsorship, e-commerce and affiliate agreements and venue hire);
This role can be based in our London, Bath or Newport offices.Requirements
- Qualified Solicitor (10+ years PQE)
- Strong technical knowledge on a broad range of legal areas and data protection law
- Good experience of M&A transactions
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to find pragmatic solutions whilst mitigating business risks
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, multi-task and prioritise a heavy workload
- In-house experience preferable
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We have a voice and we're going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We're an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.