Operational Risk Manager - Salary of £50,000 - Wimborne
Our client, a leading Financial Services business based in Wimborne, are currently looking to recruit a Operational Risk Manager to join their team. You will be reporting to the Head of Risk and be responsible for all aspects of the risks function's oversight of the operational and conduct risk management and operational resilience frameworks.
- To ensure that there is a robust risk management framework, including risk management and policy reviews, to be monitored on a regular basis.
- To provide independent oversight and challenge from a risk management point of view.
- To provide oversight, challenge and guidance in relation to the risk management processes, practices and knowledge of the 1st Line of Defence (operational areas).
- To review methodology used for risk assessment and control and make suggestions for change as required.
- To assist the business in identifying risks by using appropriate methods such as workshops and brainstorming sessions.
- To assist the business so that risks and controls are accurately evaluated and recorded in the risk database.
- To maintain and enhance loss / risk event recording and reporting and, where possible, make recommendations to avoid further losses.
- To provide accurate and meaningful reports to committees (and managers) as required.
- To be responsible for the oversight of Risk Management MI presented to the company
- To provide training to Directors and Management.
- To provide oversight and challenge in relation to business continuity and operational resilience planning.
- To provide oversight and challenge in relation to processes and arrangements for outsourcing and third party risk management.
- Experience and track record in 2nd line of defence operational and conduct risk management, preferably in financial services.
- Knowledge and experience of developing risk management frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of operational and conduct risk appetites and developing appropriate metrics for their measurement.
- Knowledge and experience of project risk management.
If you are interested in the role as Operational Risk Manager, please send a copy of your CV to
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency