Mechanical Assembly Assistant / Trainee Mechanical Technician is required ASAP for a permanent day role in Knutsford, WA16. This role attracts a salary of £18,000 - £22,000 (DoE) + excellent benefits (see below). The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon - Fri) and the working pattern is 8.00am - 4.30pm with possible overtime on the basic week.
The client will also consider candidates who have recently completed or attempted a mechanical or similar type engineering apprenticeship or are currently in trainee / junior / semi-skilled role with at least one years' mechanical assembly / fitting assistance experience.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of working / dealing with Mechanical Assembly.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Basic salary: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
20 days holiday plus bank holidays - increasing 1 day per year to max of 25 days plus bank holidays
Company pension & life assurance
30 minutes lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks
Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service
O/T at 1.5x midweek & weekends
Annual Bonus (eligible after being employed for a complete financial company year. Availability of annual bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary).
As the Mechanical Assembly Assistant you'll report to the Assembly Team Leader and will be primarily responsible for preparing and building machine sub-assemblies and assisting in the mechanical construction of all PA machinery and make machines ready for final inspection prior to delivery. This will be done to the required timescales and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Checking contents of issued material/components in accordance with drawings/parts list prior to start of build and report any deficiencies to Team Leader
- Building sub-assemblies and related equipment using the materials/components supplied within the specified timescale and in accordance with the drawings/specification ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that the finished work is clean and free from grease, scratches and sharp edges
- Assisting with the final inspection of mechanical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Maintaining all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores
- Ensuring that machines are prepared and cleaned ready for final delivery
- Reporting any faults or shortages to the Team Leader
- Dealing professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications
- Assisting customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions and report findings to the Assembly Team Leader as appropriate
- Pursuing personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the performance of the role
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area and signing of the audit sheets
- Clocking on/off jobs to enable accurate records of build times
- Attending and contributing to the daily team meetings in order to maintain continuous improvements
- Leading meetings in accordance with the published team rota
- Adhering to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others
- Developing positive relationships with all you come into contact with
- Contributing positively to my team and company morale and spirit
- Accepting responsibility for the quality of your work and get it right first time
- Carrying out any other duties as requested
The ideal candidate for this Mechanical Assembly Assistant role will have some recent experience of using hand tools and mechanical assembly work preferably within an engineering / manufacturing environment.
In addition, you'll ideally have some or all of the following experience, skills or characteristics:
- An engineering based qualification
- Knowledge working with and to drawings
- Willingness to work overtime
- Resilience and enthusiasm
- A driving licence and your own vehicle
- An FLT C/B licence
- First aid certificate
- Your own tools
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Mechanical Assistant, Mechanical Improver, Mechanical Mate, Mechanical Apprentice, Mechanical Trainee, Assembly Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Assembler, Bench Fitter, Manual Machinist and Machine Operator
Established since 1963 as a British, family owned manufacturing company with specialist knowledge of production automation machinery used in food and retail supply chain sectors, providing customers with the most sustainable solutions with the lowest possible environmental impact.
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Mechanical Assembly Assistant role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews