My client a global Pharmaceutical company are recruiting for a Senior Compliance Specialist and Data Privacy Lead
The Senior Compliance Specialist for the Affiliate is accountable for
- Delivering clear and integrated compliant solutions
- Supporting the business and other areas of the organization in managing the compliance risks
- Supporting the ECD in managing the Ethics and Compliance Program
- Act at the OPUK Data Protection Lead serving as a primary liaison to the EU Data Privacy team, supporting and providing oversight on data protection related issues
Job Dimensions (key facts and figures)
- Support Compliance Director in the management of compliance matters within the Affiliate
- Responsible for UK monitoring and internal audit for compliance including contracts with distributers in CEE.
- Provide support to the Local Compliance Lead forUK in terms of leading on various projects and assigned actions from Ethics and Compliance worksteams.
- Responds to alleged breaches of rules, regulations, policies procedures, and Codes of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Maintain a good working knowledge of key existing & evolving regulation
- Regularly review compliance policies and processes across the business to identify any vulnerabilities and risks
- Identify, raise and implement SOP/policy deviations as and when identified as a business need.
- Conduct risk assessments, and proactively identify emerging risk areas for the Affiliate
- Act as the UK Data Protection Representative serving as a primary liaison to the Global Privacy Officer, supporting and providing oversight on data protection related issues.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are met for the Compliance Department
- Ensure complete timely reporting of all disclosable transfers of value (ToV) for all countries under UK responsibility to the relevant regulatory bodies
- Conduct regular and appropriate training for staff in relation to ABPI Code Compliance, including new starter inductionsupdates to the ABPI Code of Practice and PMCPA case reviews updates for all staff
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, where appropriate
- Contribute proactively to a credible image for the affiliate in the local Health Care and Medical community
Special Competencies/Other Requirements
- No people management responsibilities
- Part of Compliance team
- Reports to Compliance Director
- Significant impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Compliance Team
- Consistent point of contact for compliance queries
- Graduate science degree - preference for health sciences/pharmacy degrees
- Knowledge and expertise concerning implementation and adherence to the ABPI/ IPHA Code of Practice
- At least two years' experience in a compliance role
- Experience in Data protection and privacy, with a good understanding of the evolving regulations other compliance matters (e.g. anti-bribery and corruption)
- Experience of setting up and/or managing compliance programmes and controls, including use of technology
- Experience of implementing policies and leading training programmes
- Effective presentation and communications skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.