Role - Applications SupportLocation - LondonDuration - 7 months
This role will support our business and operations partners and clients and will liaise with upstream and downstream application teams.
Some night/weekend work may be required from time to time. Candidate should be available Monday - Friday along with expectations of escalation from the business and/or team members.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate will be responsible to provide L2/L2.5 Support activities, Monitor and work collaboratively with other members of the global team, managing their day to day work and ensuring that all business queries / escalations are responded to in a timely manner.
- Candidate should have the knack to troubleshoot (review, analyze) production issues and use their team members and managers help to resolve issues that cannot be resolved independently.
- Incident detection, root-cause investigation, problem management (ITIL)
- Trading applications administration, change management, implementation, maintenance, compliance review
- Handling application malfunctions (e.g. input issues, EOD issue, data backup issue, MQ issue, reporting and blotter issues etc.)
- Managing Fire-call support including off-hours and weekend support
- Executing Lean programs that ensures less incidents are created and emphasis on resolving issues at root level
- Review and Maintain DR documentation and participate in annual exercises
- Create regular status reports to management on application status and other metrics.
- Constant review of alerting incidents/requests and escalate production issues as needed to relevant teams and management.
- Candidate will be responsible to attend on-call after office hours including weekend to own, manage, run end2end High and Critical production issue.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Ability to manage multiple issues in parallel and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience working in Onsite/Offshore model in particular supporting APAC, UK and US business lines
- Experience in incident management, understanding of ticket workflows and use of escalation. Experience with ServiceNow/ITIL Methodologies is mandatory.
- Problem resolution in an analytical and logical manner, to troubleshoot root cause and resolve production incidents.
**Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
- FIX Messaging/Format experience
- Expert / Extensive Knowledge ofSQL is required to assist own teams during debug.
- Good to have, Scripting and automation (Python, Perl, PowerShell)
- Middleware, MQ/Tibco, Weblogic
- FLEXTRADE OMS - Good to have
- Java /.Net experience is mandatory but good to have - Ability to read and understand code
- HP Site scope, CA Introscope and Patrol monitoring tools. Power BI, Service Now reporting tools
- Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
- Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer