Senior SOC Analyst£37,235 per annumSwindon, Newport or BillinghamFull-time or Part-time consideredClosing date: Wednesday 29th JuneWhy choose UK SBS?
It is an exciting time to join us at UK SBS, we are a well-established business with a supportive and friendly culture, entering a period of transformation. We want to hire and retain great talent which is why we're investing in and growing our workforce, who we know will play a key role in supporting us to achieve our ambitions. We're embracing a hybrid way of working, as well as other extensive benefits, including:
What will you be doing?
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days within 3 years of service
- A generous pension scheme
- Family friendly benefits including flexible working and 26 weeks maternity/adoption leave at full pay
- Training, professional development and qualification opportunities
- Lifestyle platform offering employee discounts on various high street shops, restaurants and gym memberships
Digital and Information (D&I) is an internal IT department within UK SBS which provides multiple services to our Clients. D&I is responsible for the support and maintenance of UK SBS line of business enterprise applications, as well as delivery and support of commoditised IT to UK SBS and specific Clients.
The Senior Security Operations Centre (SOC) Analyst will plan, direct, and control the SOC functions and operations. They will ensure monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect People, Technology and Process, addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation. The postholder will direct the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify potential threats, delivering strategic reports and strategies to minimise the impact of the threat and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, and relevant compliance of information systems.
Part of the role will involve working in partnership with the Information Security Function to assist and lead on day-to-day operations, including monitoring and enforcement of security related controls, management of incidents and response to cyber incidents.
This role requires SC Clearance. Key responsibilities will include:
Who are we looking for?
- Leading and supporting the Security Operations and team of security operational staff members
- Conduct analysis on open-source intelligence and other sources to correlate potential opportunities to facilitate early detection of threats or risks
- Evaluate intelligence information regarding new threats, risks, vulnerabilities, and their likelihood to update protection measures
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations for presentation to stakeholders
- Responsible for developing and driving the SOC strategy
- Operate within the role with minimum supervision and proactively lead on investigations and projects
- Explain risks tactfully in language suitable to the audience and explain to the right people in the right order, in a timely manner
- Promote a security awareness culture that helps the organisation and their customers to mature and achieve a good standard assurance
- Assist in conducting investigations, analysis and reviews following breaches of ICT security (or 'near misses'), preparing recommendations for security improvements arising from such incidents
- Operate organisation security tools to undertake protective monitoring, forensics vulnerability scanning, malware analysis and capture information from systems as part IT Security Team activities
- Ensure that systems are operated within defined technical security requirements throughout their entire lifecycle
- Monitor and backup security tools and information as part of Business Continuity Measure (BCP)
- Proactively pursue, validate, and report any system security loopholes, infringements and other issues that are found
- Contribute to reports from event or incidents
- Assist in the forensic analysis of systems and pro-actively input into regular audits including IT Security Audits (Security Control Reviews) based on ISO27001 controls
- Work in partnership with the Network Operating Centre function to ensure services are secure and operating at their optimum capacity
- Work with our clients and partners to ensure the SOC is the face of IT security for UK SBS
- One or more qualifications in Information Security from the following list:
o Professional training in either a Security Analyst or Network Security Officer capacity
o Practitioner under a scheme like Infosec Training Paths and Competencies (ITPC) scheme
- Have strong knowledge of incident management, problem management and change management best practices
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 standard and methods
- Familiarity with HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF)
- Knowledge of the management and deployment of cryptographic software
- Comprehension and understanding of anti-virus software
- Broad knowledge of ICT infrastructure that can be applied - hardware, databases, operating systems, networks, web technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the IT security risks when working with the internet, intranets/extranets and cloud services
- Knowledge of threats and attack vectors including their mitigation's
- Practical knowledge of ITIL version 3
- Administrator skills and abilities to build, manage and investigate for Windows, and Linux systems (desktop and Servers), and either iOS or android devices (preferably iOS)
- Experience working with or in an IT Security Team
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and scanning tools
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 29th June.
For more details, please click 'apply' and you will be taken through to our Careers page.