£50,000 - £70,000 + benefitsIndustry:
Global Software ProviderWHY:
Huge investment and growth opportunityLocation:
hybrid - must be able to commute to the NE office (weekly - 2/3 times a month)
- Do you have 2+ years in a SaaS product-centric role i.e. Technical Business Analyst, Product Manager, Product Owner or similar?
- Are you looking for a role where you can use your business acumen to speak with customers and technical knowledge to create technical specifications and integrations?
- Do you want to work for collaborative forward thinking business with recent investment and huge opportunity for career progression?
We are currently working with a leading Software Vendor that following substantial investment are looking to further develop their Software Support capabilities. This role will give you the opportunity to broaden your skill set and and be part of a highly ambitious company, joining at the perfect time as the company is entering a period of significant growth.
An exciting opportunity as arisen for a Product Manager to join the existing Product team to be a conduit between the Sales and Account Management teams in the UK and the Global Product Management and Engineering teams. In this role, you will assist in pre-sales meetings and the on-boarding of new customers, answering technical questions from customers' technology stakeholders and assisting in the gathering of requirements for product enhancements and new features. You will be supported by a very experienced and talented team with a clear roadmap to grow rapidly across the globe, while you grow with the company. This role will become a go-to person for product knowledge, including the use of public APIs and how they can be used by customers and partners for extracting data from and integrating with our software.Responsibilities - Product Manager
Experience and Skills - Product Manager
- Become a subject matter expert on system functionality
- Assist in pre-sales and on-boarding activities to inform prospects and customers of integration possibilities and provide clarity on what is or is not feasible
- Elicit underlying requirements from feature requests by asking considered and probing questions, exploring underlying needs and potential usage scenarios
- Work with Product Managers to prepare UX flows and wireframes to represent the anticipated feature, define acceptance criteria and test pre-release software
- Liaise with customers in the UK/Europe to validate proposed designs and obtain feedback to pass to the Product Management team
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive the discovery, design, development, and deployment of features and enhancements
- Work with the Support team to identify common support queries and explore ways that the product could be improved to reduce and/or simplify these queries
- 2 + years' experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Technical Business Analyst, or similar working in a product-centric organisation
- Business acumen to understand the needs of customers, how technology can support their desired business outcomes, and ability to explain sophisticated problems to stakeholders
- Experience in creating basic solution architecture diagrams to explain logical separation and responsibilities of applications i.e. process and translate customer needs into technical specifications
- Confidence interacting with IT managers, solution architects, developers, designers and a love of creative technology
- Proven ability to multi-task and self-motivate
- Technical experience running APIs via Postman or curl commands
- Flexibility with working with team-mates in different time zones
For more information please get in touch with Katie at Matched Group
- Product Manager / Product Consultant / Product Owner / Technical Business Analyst / Technical Product Consultant / Pre-Sales / Implementation Engineer