Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion liters of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing
. At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open - and this matters even more through a pandemic.We're proud of the positive ways of working we've adopted during the pandemic, creating a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. What you will be doing
We are currently recruiting for an ICA Technician Within the Newbury area. To work out of our Water Production division. This is an exciting hands-on opportunity. The ICA role consists of the following but is not limited to, these main points:
We're looking for you to:
- Carrying out planned maintenance (PPM) which includes some mandatory tickets and some reactive maintenance on defective equipment
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team, alongside a range of operational teams such as systems, mechanical, and electrical technicians
- Installing, modifying, and commissioning new plant equipment to relevant standards, and diagnosing and repairing faults on systems and plants. Proactively identifying and reporting follow on work or areas for enhancement and delivering cost-effective improvements to assets and systems
- Investigation into plant failures and the implementation of subsequent repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible
- You will be responsible for providing specialist technical advice where appropriate with up-to-date technical knowledge
- To join part of an on-call roster to cover ICA related issues out of hours
What's in it for you!
- Some experience with PLCs and SCADA systems and communication network systems, instrumentation including flow, level, pressure, etc
- Experience with variable speed drives (VSDs) and other starting methods for motors/pumps
- Ex areas and installations
- Ideally, you will be qualified to HNC level or otherwise will have City and Guilds Part 2 or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in an electrical subject
- Preferable for you to have an 18th Edition (BS7671) qualification
- Physical fitness and the ability to work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training
- Take Ownership of responding quickly to faults, being curious to fully understand the problem, and identify the best solution to resolve it the first time
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with the team
- Deliver exceptional service through an enthusiastic and positive approach, taking accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
- Teamwork - We are one team and our end goals are the same
- Proactive - take the lead on recommendations and improvements around the site and communicate effectively
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.A company van, all necessary tools, and PPE will be provided.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements, and great benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader .Find out more about working at Thames Water.We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of your role, you'll be asked to help out our Instant Support Team to help our customers in their hour of need. This is incredibly rewarding, and you'll be given full training - it's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business and meet colleagues. Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.