Qualitair Aviation are excited to be working with one of our leading Clients in the aviation industry to recruit Aircraft Engine Technicians!!
This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team with great benefits.
- To be part of the team for all maintenance and repair activities in the workshop while liaising with the Team Leaders and Workshop Manager to meet daily work demands.
- This position is key to activities in the workshop to enable work to be completed in line with customer requirements and expectations while adhering to industry standards.
- There will be occasional requirements to work away from base in the field (either near-wing or on-wing).
- We currently work on and are approved for the following: CFM56, LEAP, V2500, RB211, CF6, CF34, PW4000, PW1000G and Trent700.
- The role will require a flexible approach with a can-do attitude.
- It is essential that applicants have previous company approval for at least one of the engine types above.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- To be part of the team working on various maintenance and repair workscopes as part of the day-to-day operation in a busy workshop.
- To be part of the team working on effectively turning around engine shop inputs while meeting company objectives, working with the wider team to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- To meet and maintain the standards set by the business and the regulatory authorities.
- To ensure all work is carried out IAW the relevant manuals.
- To conduct all tasks in a timely and accurate manner ensuring turnaround times are kept to a minimum
- To promote a safe working environment and culture, conducive to good, efficient maintenance practices
- To assist with the implementation of company directives and strategies for the continued success and growth of the business.
- To contribute to and co-operate with all staff members to meet performance targets and goals.
- To maintain the expected quality standards.
- To adhere to the Company's Health and Safety and Security Policies at all times.
- To maintain proper standards of integrity, conduct and concern for the interests of the company and its customers.
- To comply with Human Factors at all times.
Skills & Experience:
- Time served aerospace industry apprentice with a minimum of 2 year's experience post apprenticeship.
- Previous experience of working in a busy engine shop on the engine types listed above.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of engine shop manuals and associated manuals including relevant ATA chapters.
- Awareness of Part 145 and FAA regulations.
- A previously held company approval on at least one of the engine types above.
- Borescope Inspection experience would be desirable.
- Current Human Factors training, EWIS level 1 & 2 and fuel tank safety level 1 & 2 would be an advantage but can be provided.
- Must be flexible and willing to move between work areas within GT Engine Services as required
- Must be able to follow Technical Instructions from ESM, CMM, SRM, IPC etc.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to identify problems, undertake corrective action or propose alternative methods/systems in order to improve output or quality or to overcome functional problems.
- A forklift licence would be desirable but training can be provided.
Competitive Salary plus company benefits included.
** PLEASE NOTE, only candidates with the right to live and work in the U.K will be considered **