We are a recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a successful and growing company based in St Albans. Our client is one of the leading players in their field and are recognised for their high levels of customer service. They're a friendly, sociable company with a relaxed yet professional atmosphere!
The Management Accountant is a key role in a small but aspiring accounts department liaising closely with the CFO and reporting directly to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate's main responsibilities will be to assist in the smooth running of the day-to-day accounts department's functions and to support the business.
What's in it for you?
* Salary: £40k-£50k depending on experience
* Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm with possible flexibility and hybrid working
* Benefits: 25 days holiday (increasing to 30 after 4 years); Contributory pension scheme; Life insurance benefit (4 x salary); Private medical insurance; Discounts scheme for gym membership, travel, and cinema; Free parking
* To work collaboratively with other departments and will be responsible for completing the Daily Management Report ensuring distribution to all relevant parties
* Reconciliation of all bank accounts held by the client utilising online banking services, supplier invoices and payments on Sage
* Client account movement against cashbook records (ensuring all receipts and payments are correctly recording), the funds held on segregated bank accounts (ensuring compliance with the FCA client Money Rules) and broker hedges trading
* Maintain the cash book records, monitor treasury deposit investments, and produce monthly management accounts
What the employer is looking for:
* Previous experience in a similar accountancy role, managing project cycles
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a relevant field and be qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
* Confident, critical thinker who will challenge and make suggestions to streamline processes, with ambitions to develop the role and get involved in project-based work
* Proven organisational skills, the ability to develop good relationships internally and externally, excellent attention to details with strong language and numeracy skills
* Strong IT skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel is a must
* Ideally you will also have experience in using financial software packages including Sage
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted