Chase Taylor Recruitment are currently working on an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer within the Windows and Doors/ Fenestration Industry. This company is one of the UK's largest manufacturers of aluminium Roof Lanterns, Sliding and Bi-folding Doors. They are a family run business specialising in state-of-the-art fabrication for the fenestration industry.
Working alongside a team of Design Engineers on new product developments, part of the role is to study the requirement for each production process and products at hand, implement engineering solutions to optimise the processes and to develop production lines for manufacture of high-quality products.
Working closely with the Technical Director to manage and carry the responsibility for selecting/sourcing high value production equipment and machinery with relative software. Developing the process flows, conducting failure mode analysis, conducting risk assessments, managing new machinery suppliers /contractors.
* Evaluating manufacturing processes based on quality criteria such as efficiency and speed
* Developing effective automated and non-automated systems
* Study production and machine requirements, design and install equipment, integrate disparate systems
* Organize and manage manufacturing work flows and resources
* Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues and delays in production
* Testing new and existing production procedures, find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
* Train staff in new and existing processes
* Collaborate with other engineers in developing new manufacturing technologies,
* Collaborating with contractors and supplier
* 10+ years' experience in similar roles
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar desired
* Technical background, with hands-on experience in designing and setting up production lines for new
* Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods including CNC machinery and Extrusion
* Commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards
* Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
* Software knowledge (MS Office, 2D and 3D CAD, Ideally Solidworks)
* Communication and teamwork skills
* Hands on fabrication skills desirable
* Desire to learn the new skills and self-improvements
* Pro-activeness and reaching self-administered targets