Join us on the Journey...
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Team Lead based in the West Midlands.
This is a key role tasked with managing a team of Service Desk Analysts, overseeing the day-to-day effectiveness of service provision and ensuring that targets are met. You will be working closely with Service Managers and other IT teams in order to drive service improvements, offering specialist advice and support on IT-related issues, ensuring the effective management of all incidents and service requests.What you will do...
What you will need...
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to all Service Desk analysts.
- Ensure all requests to the Service Desk are managed in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure the Service Desk functions as a single point of contact for all customers.
- Adopt ITIL best practices for incident, request, change, problem, configuration and knowledge management.
- Ensure Major Incident Process is correctly followed and communications are issued to the business in a timely manner.
- Proactively initiate, investigate and implement service improvements.
- Produce regular statistics and management reports for Senior Managers against set KPIs/SLAs.
- Receive, take ownership, escalate and monitor Incidents, problems and service requests throughout their lifecycle using the IT service management tools.
- Manage the team by setting and reviewing targets and objectives, monitoring performance and performing appraisals.
What we offer:
- 2 years experience as IT Service Desk team lead/manager
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice frameworks (such as ITIL, ISO20k) for the delivery of IT services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of developing professional and effective working relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Ability to produce management information reports from ITSM systems
- Experience of working accurately and confidently with service desk tools and technology, such as ITSM, remote access, knowledge resources
Things to note...
- A core salary aligned with your professional experience
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Holiday allowance
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Access to the NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through the NX online porta
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.