Project Manager 3 months initially INSIDE IR35 - £506.33 per dayLocal Government Body - Havering This role will be working remotely, from home, with occasional visits to the office.Job purpose:
This transformation of my client is being achieved through projects that are critical to our ambition of re-imagining and changing how the client works as an organisation. The Digital transformation Programme comprises of multiple work streams covering Organisation Data capability and building customised applications for business needs. My client requires an experienced Project Manager to deliver our programmes, working to support senior colleagues, partners, and stakeholders with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimum supervision. This exciting and challenging new role is available for a dynamic and organised Project Manager who has experience of overseeing large scale, complex, technical and digital service discovery, design and implementation programmes. The post holder will have substantial experience of having successfully managed and delivered projects on time and within budget using sound project management methodology and tools in a complex Digital transformation team or similar environment. You will need to have experience managing the day-to-day operational aspects of project delivery, including feasibility and business case design, project planning, risk management and good project governance. You will have excellent people skills and be comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds; from senior council officials through to key stakeholders and technical teams. You will be enthusiastic about digital technology and the benefits it can bring to society. It is essential that the post holder has:
- Substantial relevant experience of large project/programme and /or change management activity within a complex organisation managing both business and IT projects.
- Substantial experience of the successful people management and supervision of staff and developing high performing teams; to motivate, challenge, support and develop individuals to delivery complex outcomes.
- Significant experience of budget management/capital resources and reporting with outstanding track-record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to identify, assess and manage risks and issues which might impact on the success of a project or workstream. Monitoring burn, performance and progress providing timely reports, updates, mitigations and solutions
- Strong stakeholder management skills and Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills.
- Considerable experience in change/digital/transformation which also encompasses implementation of infrastructure projects and requirement definition
- Knowledge of project governance frameworks, planning tools, IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices.
- Familiar with project management methodologies (for example, Microsoft Project. PMI, Prince II and Agile) Proficient in IT skills, in: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Have experience managing multiple stakeholders and external suppliers within a single project.
- Demonstrable blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, as this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Experience of project procurement within government frameworks is desirable
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply immediately.