MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity to join an exciting major project within MBDA and to help shape the design of the next generation cruise Missile and anti-Ship weapon systems. We require a versatile person to provide a pivotal role in the design of the Naval launch capability. This will involve interacting with multiple stakeholders to support the development of the MSS architectural design, sub-system requirements and interface specifications. As the project enters the Assessment Phase this role offers many personal growth opportunities such as the potential for team leadership roles, customer engagement, weapon system and sub-system design.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- A broad knowledge of Weapon Systems Design and a proven track record of working on a complex programme. In particular experience or knowledge of WS architectural design in terms of functional, performance, safety and security constraints.
- Typically we would expect candidates to have an engineering or science degree or equivalent and have some relevant experience.
- Previous experience in the aerospace or the defence sector would be useful, but is not essential: generally a background in systems engineering, product development, software development, or similar discipline would be suitable.
- Hands-on experience of SysML, Rhapsody and DOORS tools would be highly desirable, but training will be provided where needed.
- Experience of following Agile or spiral development processes would be desirable.
- Gain knowledge and experience of designing and delivering a technically challenging and major complex weapon system.
- Opportunity to develop a new network, internal and external to MBDA as well as internationally.
- Practical experience of working on a Project that is driving the new ways of working in the business as part of NEXT.
- An excellent opportunity for a candidate's personal growth as the project matures and progresses; there will be multiple follow-on opportunities both inside and outside the department and project.
- Flexible working, opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), great bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary reviews, fantastic working environment and site facilities, social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.