Maintenance technician required to join a large, secure, and well-respected manufacturer that has recently undertaken a multi-million-pound investment and expansion. The company has 10+ sites across Europe and has circa 4,000 employees. Their turnover is over £1billion and they have a close to 10% market share for their products across Europe.
The role will work shifts with a focus on reacting to breakdowns and rectifying any issues efficiently while taking the best course of action. There will also be involvement in the delivery of planned preventive maintenance and there is a large amount of ongoing project work to contribute to over the next few years.
The shift pattern involves working a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift pattern (2 days, 2 nights, 4 rest days) with an 18 day break after every 7 rotations. There is also plenty of opportunities to work paid overtime increasing the earning potential of the role.As the maintenance technician, your responsibilities will include:
To apply for the maintenance technician position, you will need:
- Reacting promptly to breakdowns
- Performing troubleshooting activities to diagnose defects and rectify
- Ensuring work tickets are entered on completion of work into the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) including entering any follow-up work that needs to be scheduled
- Undertaking daily inspections
- Monitoring site services
- Completion of handovers
- Contributing to a successful engineering spares and stores function
- Adhering to health and safety policies and procedures.
In return, the maintenance technician will receive a salary of £43,250 (including shift allowance) + pension, paid overtime, etc.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment - preferably in a heavy, industrial setting
- A time-served apprenticeship
- Strong technical knowledge particularly relating to gearboxes, pumps, bearings, rotating equipment, etc.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with a computerised maintenance management system
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
If you are a maintenance technician, shift maintenance technician, mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical fitter, shift mechanical fitter, etc. who wishes to be considered for this role, please click on the "apply" button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.