GKR are working with one of the fastest growing UK residential property investors who have acquired more than 2000 homes in the last 18 months. Whist they continue to build out their portfolio they business needs to add further resource to the Rent Control team to enable successful cash collection.
Credit control, billings and deposits
Skills & Expereince:
- Ensuring all tenant billings for rents, Ground Rents and other tenant income for all residential and commercial tenants are accurate, timely and complete and recorded in the Accounts & Property Management system
- Preparing weekly arrears reports for circulation and presentation to building managers and the finance team
- Sending arrears letters weekly and progressing this through to Court action if necessary
- Calling tenants and liaising with building managers regarding debts or shortfalls on payments, agreeing payment plans if necessary
- Work with inhouse Legal Council and external solicitors in issuing notice on tenants either by Section 21 notice, Section 8 notice, or Notice to Quit etc.
- Preparing files and attending Court hearings
- Keeping a file of potential doubtful debtors where we have been unsuccessful in obtaining monies from ex-tenants and meeting with management to discuss for further instructions.
- Following up enforcement after tenants have been evicted, to include tracing their whereabouts and instructing High Court enforcement officers
- Ensuring all cash receipts are correctly accounted for
- Perform credit checks as required
- Work with lettings to ensure that starters and leavings are recorded as required
- Managing internally and externally held tenant deposits (under TDS, DPS etc) and related bank accounts
- Credit control/Legal experience in the Residential Property industry (e.g.ARLA)
- Good team management skills - Essential
- Knowledge of GDPR - preferred
- Use of the Property package 'Propman' or similar (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, very organised and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines