About the role:
Reporting to the head of the Global VAT Compliance and Reporting team (GVCR) and the GVCR compliance unit, this is a key role which will support the service delivery and growth of the centralised UK and global VAT compliance capability. The GVCR service line sits within the wider outsourcing practice. The outsourcing team is responsible for delivery of bookkeeping, statutory/management accounts preparation and direct/indirect tax compliance across multiple jurisdictions for global clients. The team is closely linked to the Global Compliance & Reporting Services (GCRS) team responsible for project managing and tracking key global compliance deadlines on multi country engagements.This role can be flexible on location, please specify on application which office works best for you.Key responsibilities:
About the ideal candidate:
- Assisting with the on-boarding of UK and multi-country outsourcing clients including mapping and documenting of generic indirect tax compliance processes, liaison with key international RSM and client stakeholders throughout the management of the international project roll-out.
- Responsible for managing service delivery for a portfolio of clients and acting as key contact/escalation point for all areas of their indirect tax compliance.
- Analysing the output from key data tests performed during client implementation and as part of the regular return cycle. Look for indirect tax consulting opportunities arising and defining projects for completion either by the GCRS VAT team or by local VAT experts in RSM practices in the UK and elsewhere.
- Providing quality assurance over all indirect tax filings including review of exception reports and sense checking draft returns for specific VAT treatments, interacting with relevant VAT and tax expertise in local RSM countries where required.
- Ensuring compliance documentation and process notes are kept up to date reflecting individual client circumstances and international regulations.
- Working with the GVCR Leader on drafting proposals for UK and multi-country compliance proposals.
- Managing the day to day relationship with software vendors, ensuring SLA levels are met.
- Day to day management and development of the junior members of the team responsible for delivery of compliance services.
- Involvement in VAT and indirect tax related process efficiency and transformation projects for clients.
- Other ad hoc internal projects as they emerge within the GVCR business. About the company and departmentRSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally.With around 3,500 partners and staff in the UK and access to more than 43,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients' needs wherever in the world they operate.As an integrated team, we share skills, insight and resources, through a client-centric, collaborative approach that's based on a deep understanding of our clients' businesses. This is how we empower you to move forward with confidence and realise your full potential. This is the power of being understood.
- Good VAT technical skills ideally from a previous European role in practice or industry;
- An interest and strong capability in VAT return processing, process improvement and technology enablement;
- Effective use of IT, including Microsoft Office packages in particular excel;
- Relationship management - internally and externally;
- Exposure to projects with an international dimension and appreciation of the cultural nuances this generates;
- Ability to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively;
- Skills in functional process-mapping, including an attention to detail and ability to identify anomalies;
- Self-starter, organised, professional - both internally and client facing;
- Ambitious and motivated - this role has a clear progression path for the right individual.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.