We are currently recruiting a Finance Manager to join our growing team. Initially this role will cover Maternity Leave before moving into the wider Portakabin finance team. The key purpose of this role is accurate and timely financial reporting to the local board and the ultimate parent company Shepherd Group and to ensure that the company operates effectively and correctly within the controls and guidelines set by the Portakabin Group.
You will be one of the key contacts to the Central Management team and Group subsidiaries, therefore eagerness to help and contribute to the improvement of the existing relations and processes will be highly beneficial.Role Details
- Role based: York YO32
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 plus bank holidays
In addition to the key duties noted below the successful candidate will have opportunities to support group wide commercial and strategic projects which might open future career opportunities within the Portakabin Group.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Timely month end financial reporting of management accounts and forecasts;
- Accurate daily cash reporting to the ultimate parent company;
- Preparing the consolidation for the actuals, forecasts and budget of the multicurrency Group;
- Managing the annual budget consolidation and reporting process;
- Liaising with Group tax department to ensure tax related compliance;
- Providing central expertise and liaison for financial reporting matters with Group board, key management personnel, internal and external auditors and other finance staff.
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Flexible working options available
- Contributory pension
- Single Private Medical Insurance
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Qualified as an Accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAEW or equivalent)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and understanding
- Strong IT capabilities including Microsoft packages and corporate systems
- Good understanding of basic FX instruments
- Experience of monthly management reporting, year-end statutory reporting, annual budgeting, monthly forecasting of Group's P&L and balance sheet
- Experience of working with HFM and SAP would be desirable
Even if you do not match all of our 'ideal' criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.About Portakabin
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.Apply Now!
We're keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.